Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Intake Replacement on 2005 Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/intake-replacement-2005-accord-hybrid-28223/)

DBVIII 10-16-2012 12:16 PM

Intake Replacement on 2005 Accord Hybrid

Just curious if anyone has put an aftermarket intake on their 05 Accord Hybrid or similar? I found a video on youtube of an HAH with a K&N typhoon intake, so I know it has been done. I've looked around this forum and haven't found anything. So if you have done this, can you post what intake you installed, and possibly directions and pics for install? Anything different that us HAH owners have to do compared to regular V6 accord owners? Thanks for any and all help!

drozzin 10-17-2012 08:40 AM

Re: Intake Replacement on 2005 Accord Hybrid

What is the reason for this upgrade? Car has excellent performace in stock (if IMA battery is not shot). I would rather worry about your transmission to survive extra power.

DBVIII 10-17-2012 08:55 AM

I should have clarified more. I'm speaking of the intake tube and filter, not the intake manifold. The two I'm interested in are the AEM V2 or the K&N Typhoon. And if our transmissions can't handle a 5-10 hp increase, we have bigger issues! And I've seen videos of a finished product, but haven't seen any write ups on how to do it or what is needed to accomplish it. Thanks!

drozzin 10-17-2012 02:15 PM

Yes, our transmission have issues even with stock motor. Why do you need extra power if torque is really what matters. The extra power you will see only doing top speed of the car.

DBVIII 10-17-2012 03:33 PM

I'm just asking if theres anyone out there that has done it, and if so if they can help with info. The most restrictive parts limiting our cars is the intake and exhaust, so even if its minor improvements everything helps. Just asking for information because its something I've been looking at doing, not necessarily that I'm going to do.

sct4004 03-04-2013 06:50 PM

I know this is an old thread, but Im trying to put a short ram intake on my 2005 accord hybrid. Did you ever find one that fits or have any info you can pass along? Do you still have that Youtube video of the HAH intake mod?

Thanks