KBB Value for your Accord Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation KBB Value for your Accord Hybrid

Ever try to look at the value of your Accord Hybrid? Well if you did, then you found out that none of the companies such as KBB or NADA have the Hybrid Accord listed. I sent them an email and this was the response.

"Thank you for contacting Kelley Blue Book. Kelley Blue Book reports vehicle values by analyzing actual transactions in the market. We do not believe in using arbitrary formulas to predict prices because our promise is to report dependable values, not set prices. As of this time we have not seen enough transactions in enough different markets to establish dependable numbers on the 2005 Hybrid. As soon as we can we will make the actual values available to you. "

To return to the Kelley Blue Book home page, just click the link below:

http://www.kbb.com

Old 11-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default FINALLY!! :)

Arizona • November 26, 2005
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4D

Engine: V6 3.0 Liter i-VTEC
Trans: Automatic
Drive: FWD
Mileage: 4,500

Equipment Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc
Navigation System
Dual Front Air Bags
F&R Side Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition:Excellent "Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party ValueSearch Local Listings | List This Car for Sale $32,500 Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Last edited by bar10dah; 11-26-2005 at 12:32 PM. Reason: editing
Old 11-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Default Re: KBB Value for your Accord Hybrid

Hi Bar10dah:

___That PP value is so far out to lunch it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever given what you can pick a brand new one up for plus the tax deduction for the first owner this year

Re: How much of a discount from MSRP are people getting for their HAH?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default KBB is usually waaay too high.

The KBB prices on vehicles is usually waaay too high;my opinion,of course.There are NEW Accord Hybrids seling on Ebay for under $27000.The NAV is an under $2000 option,so $32000 for a used Accord Hybrid seems too high.Charlie

Old 01-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Default Re: KBB Value for your Accord Hybrid

I was looking on autotrader.com (just looking at the prices of Insights) and decided to see what used HAHs are going for. I can't believe it! Within 100 miles of my location, there are 5.

Highest is $34,495
1,887 miles

Lowest is $27,884
16,192 miles

Average is $30,762. I paid less than that for mine, brand new!! And that's even when gas was $3/gal. They're much cheaper now. One was from a private seller ($28,500 and 6,500 miles). The other four were at local dealerships. None had Navi.

Changing the search to Any Distance results in 139 matches.

Highest is $37,995!!!
2,414 miles
Listed in HI. Is there a shortage of hybrids on the island?? Nothing in the listing indicates why the price is so high.

Lowest is $24,900.
10,947 miles
Listed in AR. Looks like a dealership, but it doesn't say specifically. The address is on Showroom Dr.

Average is $29,347.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-14-2006 at 01:26 PM.