light show!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default light show!!!

this is the second time in less than six months that the malfunction indicator light has came on. it stays on for a day or two then goes off and every thing is back to normal before i can get it in the shop. the last time it happened i took it in and they told me every thing is normal and they found nothing wrong, im curious to see what they tell me this time.

while the MI light is on the ECO light will not come on at all. this time i started the car and the IMA light, MI light and the battery light were on. i turned the car off and back on and just the MI light stayed on, then a day later it goes off.

the gas cap was on tight and all the good stuff but what the hell is going on?any help would be appreciated because im sure the dealer wont find anything this time either.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: light show!!!

also another thing i have noticed, is that in the morning when i am leaving for work i put it in reverse and back out of my driveway. after coming to a complete stop i put it in drive and accelerate for a few seconds and then i hear a short grinding noise that lasts about a second or two and i can feel it rumble the gas pedal also, all while i am accelerating. then it wont do it anymore till the next day. i guess it has to set for a while or something?

anyone else having this problem?

Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

hmm. grinding doesn't sound good. There is a well-known 'thunk' that comes from the ABS system 'arming' that occurs a second or so after putting it in D for the first time in the morning/ after several hours. The pedal rumble may be associated with that, but grinding??

Short of having a scanner for your own use, there's no way to reecover the trouble codes if the MI light is out.

Hope they figger somthing out!

Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

well i took her in and they said that it had an error code, something to do with the IMA. they said the it could of had a low voltage surge to make it do that? but they checked every thing out and it all tested ok.
just like i thought, no answers just guesses.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

too bad. NOthing about that starts to address grinding.

Where's the grinding noise seem to come from?

Old 05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

it might be that thunk noise you are talking about, since it is happening at the same time.