LOW FREQUENCY NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: LOW FREQUENCY NOISE

Got the fix done yesterday - immediately tried it out - what a difference! Will be doing lots of highway this weekend, so that will be the real acid test.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Good for you! How long did you have to wait for parts to get this fixed? My Honda dealer (Chicago area) says the parts are backordered and has no estimated availability date. So I wait, and avoid driving at 55 mph in eco.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

the parts took less than a week! Don't know why Canada would be able to get them and yours are back ordered. Usually you folks can get stuff long before we can.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kinger44
Got the fix done yesterday - immediately tried it out - what a difference! Will be doing lots of highway this weekend, so that will be the real acid test.

Good to hear that the fix works!!
I'm in the same boat as George who posted here; Oklahoma dealer service tech said she did a national service for the TSB fix kit and found none. She said possibly September. Hey, see if you can just buy the fix kits off the Canadian shelf and send them down to the needy southerners (105 again today)? :=)
Lewis

Old 08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Re: LOW FREQUENCY NOISE

I am so happy to have found this forum. I too have this issue and was the first person to approach my dealship with the issue, because it is an intermittent problem no one believed me, even though I had referenced the TSB report and number. It was only after I asked for the foreman that I was even acknowledged. The service guy told me that these forums are filled with people who don't know what they are really talking about. All and all it's been a traumatic experience for me, both the "booming" and the honda service. I suggest that people immediately ask for the manager or foreman and reference the TSB number.

My parts are also on backorder and I'm hoping for some smooth riding soon.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

An update on my noise problem.
Recap:
Late July: loud booming while driving on some 55 mph roads. Researched the problem here and found TSB on it.
Jul 27, took TSB to dealer who diagnosed problem and ordered kit (ANC plus front speakers)
Jul 31, dealer notified me the part kit was not in stock anywhere in the US, might be available "sometime in September."
Sept 8: called dealer to ask about part; service tech said Honda had shipped the part kit but they all went to "larger dealerships." No estimate of when they could get the part; tech did give me Honda USA customer service number and suggested a call might help.
Made the call to Honda USA the same day; got one of those very calm, unflappable, reassuring voices who asked for the whole history, including the name of the dealer who had been doing my service. Was pretty calm and matter of fact myself, but I did volunteer that I'd been a Honda owner since 1976 and this was the first Honda I'd had trouble with and the only one that parts were not available for, and that I was a little tired of explaining the noise to passengers who asked "what the hell is that sound?" while holding their ears. Only a slight exaggeration, btw.
Sept 14: call from dealer; the part is in.
Sept 21: part installed and the booming noise is gone.
Maybe the call to Honda USA helped; maybe the part was coming in anyway, but if anyone is still waiting, I'd try the call to HUSA. Fix took about an hour; the Auto Noise suppression part is a silver box about 4x2x2 inches with a couple of network looking plugs. Tech says it's located behind the radio and an easy install once the radio is out. Replaced both front speakers.
He said the ANC part number was the same for both 05 and 06 HAHs. Glad to have the booming gone. Car has 50K miles, out of warranty and no extended warranty, but Honda covered the parts ($279) and labor. No cost to me.
Lewis

Last edited by Lewis; 09-22-2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Add the no cost for repair info.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

Lewis - Would you mind sending me a copy of TSB 06-005. I have the identical problem with my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and have narrowed it down to 1600 rpm (either at around 40 mph or 60 mph).

Thanks.

Dave
weedavey@aol.com

Old 11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Enthusiast

dave
check your email, i just sent u the service bulletin
martinology

Old 12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinology
dave
check your email, i just sent u the service bulletin
martinology
Would you pleae send it to me also? Thanks!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

Quick Reply: LOW FREQUENCY NOISE

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands