Missfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Missfire

23k on the car. about 6 months ago at about 18k I turned the key on engine started and stoped right away. THis never happened before. I love the way this car starts. CEL came on. ECO mode dissabled. 2-3 hours later started the car again CEL gone ECO mode back on. Dealer cleared the code did not find anything wrong with car. THey said that they did a software update. I doubt it but who knows. Last week same exact thing happened again. Few hours later car runs like new. ECO mode did not work for about 1 hour and CEL was on. Next start and all of that gone. Any ideas?

Old 04-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Missfire

Wow, that's a strange problem.

If you can, the next time it happens, get it to somewhere that can check your CEL code before it goes out. I thought the code that triggers the light is stored permanently and doesn't get erased until it's reset by a code reader? Guess I'm wrong.

You can also buy a code reader pretty cheaply these days. You can find them for as little as $30-40.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 AM
We have an Accord!

Originally Posted by Mitaka
23k on the car. about 6 months ago at about 18k I turned the key on engine started and stoped right away. THis never happened before. I love the way this car starts. CEL came on. ECO mode dissabled. 2-3 hours later started the car again CEL gone ECO mode back on. Dealer cleared the code did not find anything wrong with car. THey said that they did a software update. I doubt it but who knows. Last week same exact thing happened again. Few hours later car runs like new. ECO mode did not work for about 1 hour and CEL was on. Next start and all of that gone. Any ideas?
Did you get this fixed, what was the problem?

I still have to live with this multi cylinder misfire code and the CEL light coming on all the time. Honda Dealer has been clueless and America Honda denies ever hearing about this problem before.

BS, it has been well reported on forums and Honda has opened case numbers on it from other members.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

It never happened again. Noone knows what the deal exatly is

Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast

its comes on for me, then after a few days, its gone...yesterday for the first time in the maintence minder, it said CHECK FUEL CAP, wow never saw that before, but its OK now....

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Check the section on engine malfunction, you might find some interesting information there to help you.

HAH Hee Hee

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands