Multi Cylinder Misfire CEL backfire still there

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
We have an Accord!
Default Multi Cylinder Misfire CEL backfire still there

I have had it with Honda and their lame attitude at fixing these Honda Accord Hybrids, they have now discontinued the model, I guess that means the bean counters decided that us Accord Hybrid owners were all expendable.

Honda, shame on you.

Who else is still fighting with Honda over this issue and has even one owner had their car fixed and if so what did the dealer do to fix it?

I can't trust the check engine light as it is always the same multi cylinder misfire code stored that sets the darn thing off.

Again has anyone gotten this problem fixed or have you all been written off by Honda and their bean counters as well?

Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Multi Cylinder Misfire CEL backfire still there

I've never had the issue you describe. However, I did have a rotor and power door lock replaced. And, the power door lock was repaired even though it was outside the warranty period. So, I wouldn't say HAH owners are being written off. As long as the problem is diagnosable.

But, I do sympathize with you and your problem. My Odyssey had a strange swaying when going over certain bumps. It was hard for me to duplicate it with the tech in the car. The first trip to the dealer I reported the problem and when I got the vehicle back was told the tech couldn't find a problem. The second time I took it in, I had a tech ride with me and he said he could feel a slight sway like I was describing. After further troubleshooting, they were able to discover that the passenger rear shock was slightly leaking. After replacing it, my swaying is gone!

It's a lot easier to fix a problem when you can find it.

Good luck on your troubleshooting!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast

I don't have the CEL issue, but I do have misfiring and backfiring. Honda has written me off. That's OK though, it is in the hands of our state-run arbitration board and I believe I have enough evidence to win my case against Honda. My Honda has been in the shop for misfiring, vibration, FM radio static and in every case, they simply say "Normal Operation." Malarky! I always thought Honda was the hallmark of quality. Sorry, but I'd own a Yugo before ever owning another Honda product of any kind.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry to lose you. Good luck with the Yugo.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:35 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Multi Cylinder Misfire CEL backfire still there

Originally Posted by tsienville
I don't have the CEL issue, but I do have misfiring and backfiring. Honda has written me off. That's OK though, it is in the hands of our state-run arbitration board and I believe I have enough evidence to win my case against Honda. My Honda has been in the shop for misfiring, vibration, FM radio static and in every case, they simply say "Normal Operation." Malarky! I always thought Honda was the hallmark of quality. Sorry, but I'd own a Yugo before ever owning another Honda product of any kind.
Sorry to read that things have gone that way for you on your ownership of your Honda.

Good-Luck on your next Purchase of a vehicle regardless of what Brand it is.

Terry