View Poll Results: How often are you going to update your Navi DVD?
never
16.67%
every year
11.11%
every other year
11.11%
every three years
16.67%
longer
5.56%
only during major software updates
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Navi DVD ver 3.50

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Navi DVD ver 3.50

Anybody going to update their Navi DVD? The new version just came out. If my neighborhood was updated, I'd probably get it. But since it's not, I think I'll probably update every two or three years. The $185 cost is kinda steep!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Default Re: Navi DVD ver 3.50

https://iweb.alpine-usa.com/Hondadvdsales/naviorder.php

Forgot the link.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast

The $185 cost is kinda steep! I'm not going to get it because looking at the updates nothing has been changed in my area or any area I drive to. I would think the updates should be free. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 AM
Enthusiast

I'll change when the I-95,I-295 and 9A connections are completed and reflected in the database. Hopefully then my in-laws street will be in the system too. It is kind of a pain to have a navigation system that doesn't include some of the routes that I routinely need. It is not that I don't know how to get there, but sometimes I may be in another part of town and don't know the best route to get there. With the bridges and highway layout in Jacksonville it can help.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

Last year I called Honda and asked if I purchased a new updated DVD if I could sell my old version on eBay - I was told it was ok to do this. So - I wonder if anyone would consider doing this to defray the cost of upgrading to the newest version. I am thinking of it but not sure what I could get for the version I have with I think is 3.30f (or something) - has anyone done this? Also is it legal to burn a backup of your DVD in the event something happens to the original? Thanks! DonnaB

Old 11-09-2005, 10:16 PM

I've considered it. I wouldn't need the old version anymore. I'm surprised the manufacturer doesn't have a problem with selling your version to someone else!

As far as I've learned, if you backup something you already own, it's okay. But, as soon as you sell your original, copyright laws say you have to destroy your backup.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

So to resurrect an old topic, what the news on the latest DVD? Worth the purchase over my 07 oem?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Do you constantly try to look up stuff in your Navi and it not be listed? Do you drive on streets that aren't shown on your Navi? Those would be the decision points for me. If paying $150-185 didn't gain me any additional functionality, I'd just skip the update. It's just too freakin' expensive!

My old Garmin, bought a lifetime update for it for (IIRC) $69. My new Garmin, came with lifetime maps and traffic.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Do you constantly try to look up stuff in your Navi and it not be listed? Do you drive on streets that aren't shown on your Navi? Those would be the decision points for me. If paying $150-185 didn't gain me any additional functionality, I'd just skip the update. It's just too freakin' expensive!

My old Garmin, bought a lifetime update for it for (IIRC) $69. My new Garmin, came with lifetime maps and traffic.
The biggest thing I notice isn't streets, but POIs. Things have changed a lot in my area in the last 7 years. Gas Stations have come and gone, grocery stores, banks, restaurants.

That's the thing I'd really be looking for.

Is there a way to find out what's been updated and what hasn't?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Nope...

Quick Reply: Navi DVD ver 3.50

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands