Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Need Electrical Expertise Here!!!!! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/need-electrical-expertise-here-22462/)

lebloom 08-22-2009 11:12 AM

Need Electrical Expertise Here!!!!!

On my 05 HAH the left front low headlight went out, so I went out to buy a new one being it was a halogen and I just replaced every light on this vehicle 6 -7 mos ago. So I replaced it and it still won't work. I ohmed out the fuses and tried the other side just be sure and all is good but my light won't turn on the front left low beam. Is there something else to try here???

I suppose having over 100k on this thing its time for all to begin to malfunction. Is there a simple solution or am I going to let a mechanic take over here?

One other thing, this IS the Slowest website I have tried to access!

BigTuna 08-22-2009 01:47 PM

Re: Need Electrical Expertise Here!!!!!

Really only 2 things can cause the problem. Either the lamp is not getting power or the lamp is no good. You can check the bulb with an ohmmeter. Unhook the bulb and measure with your meter set to ohms. It should read about the same as the right hand bulb. A burned out bulb will be electrically "open" and read infinite resistance. A shorted bulb would read zero or near zero. It is very unlikely you have a shorted bulb but it could happen.

In order to see if power is getting to the lamp you need to set your meter to DC Volts and measure the at the connector that hooks to the lamp. With the lights on you should read 12-14.5 VDC.

If power is not getting to the headlight you need to find out why. It could be a bad switch, or fuse but these should affect both left and right beams, not just one at a time. The wiring to the one side could be compromised.

It could be as simple as a bad new lamp.

Do some measuring and get back to me. I'd be happy to help.

anate43@yahho.com 08-22-2009 03:27 PM

Re: Need Electrical Expertise Here!!!!!

lexuze no p/s