New IMA battery and anti-lock brake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default New IMA battery and anti-lock brake question

I am curious how many people have needed warranty work on their Hybrid Accord. I have an 05 that needs a new IMA battery after 2.5 years and 24000 miles. What I find to be really stupid is that the car cannot run in bypass mode without the battery so that if you wanted, you could drive forever without ever needing it.
What my car started doing initially was the check engine, alternator, and IMA light would come on. I took it to a dealer and the starter battery was replaced. All was well for a while and then the same symptoms happened again. I was going to try and drive it to the dealer and the car started freaking out - all dash lights would blink on and off and the car would stall and the engine would come on and off.
Also, does anyone know offhand how long the Hybrid components are warrantied for?

As far as the anti-lock brakes go, I was in an area where there was a lot of snow and ice recently. When I went to stop, the brakes acted really weird. They locked up. I thought that was unusual. On wet pavement, it doesn't seem to do lock but on gravel or ice, it is a really strange feeling in the pedal.

Last edited by 05GoldHybrid; 01-30-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New IMA battery and anti-lock brake question

In most of New England, New York, and California, the HAH hybrid components, including the drive battery, have a 10 year/150,000 mile warranty.