New problem for the HAH

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default New problem for the HAH

I've come to accept the lag in acceleration while cornering as I mentioned previously. "just a characteristic of the car" . . . .. ummmm. okay. my moms accord never did that despite others claiming this was a notorious accord problem .

now i've got this pesky rattle coming somewhere within the bowels of the dash or just beyond the drivers side firewall. i dont want my HAH torn apart to find it, either.

anyone else experience this new joy like me?

oh and one more thing - i get so much vibration/feedback at certain rpms that my keys humm and sing in a cacophony loud enough to shake my fillings. what is THAT about?????

Old 01-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New problem for the HAH

The noise could be anything, a loose cable under the dash or even a piece of plastic hitting something. If you say it sounds like in front of the drivers firewall, pop the hood and see if something is banging against something else. As far as the shimmy you have you might have thrown a wheel weight off have the tires checked for balance. tire pressure alone shouldnt do that. Good luck. Dean

Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast

I thought of that - and all of the sudden, today I do not hear the rattle . . . .

and the rattle is more in the steering column, not like vibration from an unbalanced tire. but a good suggestion, though.

thanks

Old 01-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

the rattle came back today. must be something loose "in there" - wherever that may be

on the positive side, the mileage has increased in this warmer than usual weather. i actually saw 40mpg on the way to DC the other day.

does any version of the HAH come with a cassette player? im trying to figure out why there are REW and FF options on the stereo.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast

The vibration/feedback you are getting at certain RPM's is most likely the same thing that I experienced with my car -- I believe it was called a "harmonic drone" (can't recall for sure the terminology), but if you tell your dealer that they should be able to fix it.

My turn for weird noises. Has anyone experienced a loud clunking noise when putting the car in gear, mostly reverse, but also happens in drive as well? My dealer tells me that is simply the ABS activating, but it seems to be happening more frequently. I am concerned that there is something more serious going on here. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by phxhybrid; 01-23-2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

I hear it when I take the car OUT of reverse and slip it into drive, but this has been discussed here as part of the ABS function each time you start your car.

thanks for the info on the "Drone"

Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

i hear it also but i think its only when the car is still slighty moving when changing gear, i have never heard it when the car is at a complete stop.

sometimes im in a hurry and the car will be rolling backwards still as im shifting to drive from reverse.