Replacing HAH IMA battery under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Post Replacing HAH IMA battery under warranty

My 2005 HAH's battery meter was cycling up and down more than usual, then the IMA light came on and it stopped going into ECO mode. But otherwise it was working fine.

The Honda dealer ran diagnostics and said the IMA battery (the big one behind the back seat) must be replaced. The warranty covers the battery for 80K miles, but the Vaughn odometer class action suit extends the warranty for another 5%. Which is fortunate because my car has 82K miles.

They'll give me a call when the new battery arrives. Has anyone else replaced the IMA battery in their HAH?

Alan

Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacing HAH IMA battery under warranty

I saw the same behavior after 45K on my '07 HAH. Went back & forth to the dealer. After the latest software update (and the last time the IMA light came on) I was told the error code reported "battery deterioration". New battery ordered & being installed under warranty as I write this.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: Replacing HAH IMA battery under warranty

The Honda dealer replaced my HAH's IMA battery today under warranty. I asked the cashier what it would have cost if it was not under warranty. She replied that the warranty repair order was $2694, but it would have cost me more than this if it wasn't under warranty.