The scoop on the new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Red face The scoop on the new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

I'm presently driving a 2007 Camry Hybrid, and have heard great things about the new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid, so I decided to look into it. Apparently, they are a rare breed. There will be 3-5 sold in Colorado this year, and there are already 100 people on the waiting list for them. Why does Honda do this? They'd sell a ton of cars, if they'd just up and manufacture them before they promote them.

I guess I won't be getting one - maybe I'll look into the Ford Fusion hybrids. Any opinions?

Last edited by elsifer; 05-28-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: The scoop on the new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Personal opinion, I would stick with a Camry. Second choice would be a Fusion.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I test-drove the new Accord hybrid, and I loved it. I put in an order for it, and they told me their best guess is a three-month wait. The pessimist in me thinks it'll take longer, but we'll see.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

Hello,
I was lucky to get my hands on a 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. It was the only car in the state of Florida!!! The dealer said that dealers are only allocated 1 at a time and are only allowed to receive another one if the one on the lot is sold. I have already put 1,000 miles on it and I LOVE the car. I'm consistently achieving an average of 42-45 mpg. It's smooth running and the transition from gas to electric is almost seamless. So good luck on finding one.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

I'd wait, it'll be worth it!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I read that they may have a new color line-up for the 2015 model. Will wait till the fall to see. I'm not big on any of the Accord colors. Wish they had the color selection that the Ford Fusion has

Also the 2015 will also include the LED headlights on the EX-L. I personally cant justify the extra $4K for the 'Touring'. My 4 year old Garmin looks like it has better screen than what they installed in the Accord

Old 04-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Enthusiast

Love my touring edition, I'm glad I bought it. I'd wait; it'll be worth it. The advertised mileage is for real, no hype.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Guess what - I waited, and I should have my car on May 5! Yay! Good thing, too, because the tires on my Camry are pert-near bald. . Yeah, the color selection isn't that great, but I do like the red, so that's my color. EEEEEeeee, I can't wait!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Glad to hear youre getting your car in a timely manner. They can be hard to come by. Personally, Id take an Accord hybrid all day over a Camry hybrid (and I drive a Camry right now), simply because of the MPG. In terms of MPG, you cant even compare the Accord to the Camry. The Accord is that much better.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

This car is phenomenal! I drive 42 miles on my round trip commute to work and back. The trip into work is almost always 45mpg; with the trip home usually around 55mpg. My job location is slightly uphill from where I live. So that's 50mpg folks....without even really trying.........I'm driving the speed limit+. I'm dismayed to read internet articles from so-called auto experts, who are claiming the best mileage they can get on their "test drive" to be 38mpg or so.........Dis-information is rampant on the internet, and it makes you wonder who they're beholding too. Take it from a real owner, I've had mine since January, with no regrets. In fact, I can't wait to trade my wife's car for one. I anyone has doubts I can send you a pic of the trip computer.

Quick Reply: The scoop on the new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands