small video of my HAH 0-100mph

Old 10-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast
Talking small video of my HAH 0-100mph

0-60 appears to be right around 6 seconds and even with the sticky z rated tires on the 17" hfp wheels I'm still getting wheel spin if I punch it from a dead stop as you can tell with the traction control light momentarily blinking on at the start.

http://media.putfile.com/Honda-Accord-Hybrid-0-100mph

ps.. sorry for the shake towards the end of the video

Old 10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: small video of my HAH 0-100mph

niiiiiiiiiice.

I didn't count the final gear shift until almost 85!?

Nice to see IMA pegged for that long- how many bars did you lose?

Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast

Automatic shifting the car seems to shift at a maximum speed of:

1st gear- 35mph
2nd gear- 65mph
3rd gear- 95mph
4th unknown to me as I haven't had 4th gear pinned yet

I think I lost a total of 2 bars during that acceleration run, but that would vary on how charged the top bar was when I started.

Originally Posted by gonavy
niiiiiiiiiice.

I didn't count the final gear shift until almost 85!?

Nice to see IMA pegged for that long- how many bars did you lose?

Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

The acceleration is so even. Looks like a real strong puller. How does it feel in comparison to your Evo though? My wife and I told ourselves if Subaru ever brought over the STi Impreza, we'de buy one.....Then came big mortage, kids, and other issues. The STi sorta fell away, but still remains one of the cars I'd eventually like to own.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by challenger1
The acceleration is so even. Looks like a real strong puller. How does it feel in comparison to your Evo though? My wife and I told ourselves if Subaru ever brought over the STi Impreza, we'de buy one.....Then came big mortage, kids, and other issues. The STi sorta fell away, but still remains one of the cars I'd eventually like to own.
Well just like you said, the acceleration feels alot more even then the Evo did. The evo had a powerband kinda like a sling shot. Boost really came on strong around 3300rpm and sent your body back in the seat then around 5500rpm it would flatten out until hitting the next gear.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by caymandiver75
Automatic shifting the car seems to shift at a maximum speed of:

1st gear- 35mph
2nd gear- 65mph
3rd gear- 95mph
4th unknown to me as I haven't had 4th gear pinned yet

I think I lost a total of 2 bars during that acceleration run, but that would vary on how charged the top bar was when I started.
C&D listed 4th and 5th taking her all the way up to 131. It seems likely that you should never hit 5th if you're accelerating the whole way, since 4 and 5 are both ODs.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I test drove an HAH last month while my civic was getting its oil changed. Driving slow, the assist made it feel clunky. It was jerky in comparison to the CVT. I remember how the 1999 style V6 accords had tranny problems. A rare thing for Hondas. I would say Honda builds good gear boxes, and the CVT really smooths out the assist, but the looked at the ponies and torque for the HAH, and said, "we're puttin' gears in this one. Give em' power, and they'll soon forget how smooth it should be." I still liked the car, but I'm waiting to see what the new HCH will be like before getting anything new.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Enthusiast

C&D listed 4th and 5th taking her all the way up to 131. It seems likely that you should never hit 5th if you're accelerating the whole way, since 4 and 5 are both ODs.
Yeah I think your right about that. Why don't you give it a try and let us know if it's true.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:45 AM

I'm about to start an experiment with some ethanol in the tank...might help even more in this department

Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast

I'm about to start an experiment with some ethanol in the tank...might help even more in this department
How about a little 75 shot of juice.