Trade in 15 accord hybrid touring for tesla model 3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 04:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Trade in 15 accord hybrid touring for tesla model 3?

Anybody else thinking of making this move? I have had my 15 accord hybrid touring now for 1 year exactly and I thought it has been a great commuter car I was thinking about trying something different.

Anybody else thinking about trading in their accord hybrid for a model 3?

Old 09-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Trade in 15 accord hybrid touring for tesla model 3?

244 ppl and not one reply????

Old 09-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Really?

Don't be a whiner. 224 people likely had no opinion either way. Would you feel better if you got a bunch of replies amounting to "I don't know" or "I don't care"?

I'll reply.

First, if the Model 3 were available right now, financially, it's a terrible decision. If you're rolling in cash and don't care about the fact that the first year of ownership of a car is the most expensive, then go for it.

Realization that the car isnt' even available begs the question, why are you wasting 224 people's time with a question that isn't going to be an relevant for over a year?

Even assuming Tesla hits their "late 2017" target (they won't), you'll only be 2-3 years into your ownership... Not a good financial decision.

Basically, only YOU can answer this question based on how much you hate money, so 224 out of 225 didn't bother responding to your whimsy.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Really?

Don't be a whiner. 224 people likely had no opinion either way. Would you feel better if you got a bunch of replies amounting to "I don't know" or "I don't care"?

I'll reply.

First, if the Model 3 were available right now, financially, it's a terrible decision. If you're rolling in cash and don't care about the fact that the first year of ownership of a car is the most expensive, then go for it.

Realization that the car isnt' even available begs the question, why are you wasting 224 people's time with a question that isn't going to be an relevant for over a year?

Even assuming Tesla hits their "late 2017" target (they won't), you'll only be 2-3 years into your ownership... Not a good financial decision.

Basically, only YOU can answer this question based on how much you hate money, so 224 out of 225 didn't bother responding to your whimsy.
Hahaha..well there is always one person on a forum that knows much less than they think they do and luckily I have found that guy very early in my dealings with this Site.

Let's start with the you telling me how the first year of ownership is the most expensive. I guess my last 4 cars didn't get that memo as the first year was by far the cheapest year of ownership.

So being that my car is paid off in full you are saying getting out of it 2 years in is a bad decision as apposed to what, holding on to it for say 5 years? Because I guess that is when it is cheaper to maintain since the first year is so expensive lol.

No it is not available now but spots are stillooking avaliable for purchase upon release so my question is a valid one for ppl looking into the future of other car options to own. Judging from your post you have a lot to learn still, I would not be so quick to puff your chest out and act like you know everything.

BTW my last 4 cars that I have and currently own are 200505M3, 2010C63 AMG, 2015 Denali and 2015 accord hybrid all of which bought new so I have a fairy broad spectrum of how first year cost maintenance goes....what are your credentials to back your ridiculous claim ?

Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
rjg
Enthusiast

Personally I would not buy a Tesla. They are overpriced and overhyped. I have many friends with Model S Teslas and they are taking a financial bath with these things. The interior fit and finish and materials are not up to a luxury car standard, many have air leaks and excessive road noise and then you have to charge the **** things. As far as the model 3 coming out in the future it is not going to be $35k, that is the starting point. To equip it in the manner you would want, it is $50k proposition, even Eli Musk said so. If that is okay with you, go for it. Also, keep in mind you have to pay for the right to use the Tesla supercharging stations, not so attractive. I would wait til the battery technology is up to a lot longer range before i would even consider a Tesla. Just my opinion.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaz109
Hahaha..well there is always one person on a forum that knows much less than they think they do and luckily I have found that guy very early in my dealings with this Site.

Let's start with the you telling me how the first year of ownership is the most expensive. I guess my last 4 cars didn't get that memo as the first year was by far the cheapest year of ownership.

So being that my car is paid off in full you are saying getting out of it 2 years in is a bad decision as apposed to what, holding on to it for say 5 years? Because I guess that is when it is cheaper to maintain since the first year is so expensive lol.

No it is not available now but spots are stillooking avaliable for purchase upon release so my question is a valid one for ppl looking into the future of other car options to own. Judging from your post you have a lot to learn still, I would not be so quick to puff your chest out and act like you know everything.

BTW my last 4 cars that I have and currently own are 200505M3, 2010C63 AMG, 2015 Denali and 2015 accord hybrid all of which bought new so I have a fairy broad spectrum of how first year cost maintenance goes....what are your credentials to back your ridiculous claim ?
He wasn't talking about maintenance, he was talking about depreciation.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frankie7
He wasn't talking about maintenance, he was talking about depreciation.
Yep. I sure was.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Enthusiast

I would like to have a model 3 but I not sure it will be the size I would like to drive. I decided to adopt the wait and see approach.

Tesla Model S energy cost is $0.028 per mile (using my utility rate).
Honda Accord Hybrid energy cost is $0.044 per mile (at current fuel prices).

Though I want to protect the environment, I would like it to be somewhat competitive and meet a budget. It's hard to spend the money on a Tesla to get the savings, but I see myself in an EV within five yrs.