Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

2008 Mercury Mariner 2x4 missing in Mileage Database?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation 2008 Mercury Mariner 2x4 missing in Mileage Database?

I can't add my '08 MMH 2x4 to the My Cars list -- it's not available as an option! Can someone help? I filled up my new MMH for the first time today, so I want to get started on the mileage db

Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Mercury Mariner 2x4 missing in Mileage Database?

rb1-
They haven't added the '08s to the database yet. The site was recently taken over by a company rather than an individual, so there's been a bit of delay.
I will add that they added the Camry hybrid today (or a couple days ago), so maybe other updates will come, soon.
I'm about to grab a second tank, but in the mean time I'm just writing things down.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:06 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Sounds good. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to GH. This has been something we've been more than aware of, but the change has been slow. In the meantime, please keep a record on your own.

Personally, I keep records 4 different ways, here, on an Excel Spreadsheet, at www.fueleconomy.gov (So that the government/EPA gets my tank data for their info on what hybrids can do, and allows you to download the data as an Excel Spreadsheet [heck, they mention hypermilers in their giant EPA report when they revamped the MPG guidelines!]), and at www.cleanMPG.com

You may think it's silly, but at one point, I noticed an inconsistancy between them. Turns out I had entered a tank wrong at one of them, and was able to correct it because I had it stored at multiple locations that I could check from. Plus, should one of the websites crash and lose data, I don't have to worry about it, and it's highly unlikely that I'll lose all four sources.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: 2008 Mercury Mariner 2x4 missing in Mileage Database?

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Welcome to GH. This has been something we've been more than aware of, but the change has been slow. In the meantime, please keep a record on your own.

Personally, I keep records 4 different ways, here, on an Excel Spreadsheet, at www.fueleconomy.gov (So that the government/EPA gets my tank data for their info on what hybrids can do, and allows you to download the data as an Excel Spreadsheet [heck, they mention hypermilers in their giant EPA report when they revamped the MPG guidelines!]), and at www.cleanMPG.com

You may think it's silly, but at one point, I noticed an inconsistancy between them. Turns out I had entered a tank wrong at one of them, and was able to correct it because I had it stored at multiple locations that I could check from. Plus, should one of the websites crash and lose data, I don't have to worry about it, and it's highly unlikely that I'll lose all four sources.
Thanks for your reply. I will certainly check out the sites you've mentioned while the database is updated here.