Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Annoying timeout

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:57 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast
Default Annoying timeout

This is an excellent forum, but there is one annoying feature: ALWAYS when I write a post, I will be thrown out because my session expired. Now that I know about it, I usually remember to copy the post to the clipboard, before submitting. Then, when I'm thrown out, I can log in again, find the post, push reply, and submit the post again.

Would it be possible to extend the timeout, keep the session alive, or at least, as I have seen on other forums, add a checkbox for copying the post to clipboard when submitting?

*just copying the post again, to be thrown out, then log in again and submit*
*was not thrown out this time actually, because the post was so short, so I could submit it within the timeout*

Last edited by rgx; 10-22-2006 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added a comment
Old 10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Annoying timeout

I believe the time limit is 15 minutes and it's required for security purposes and the Who's Online feature. Did you have "Remember me" checked when you logged in?