Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.
View Poll Results: Would you appreciate an "Environment" forum on this website?
Yes!
47.62%
No!
38.10%
Maybe!
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Seems like a valid sub-topic for most hybrid owners.

Thanks In Advance, Ian

Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Second that, I'd like to see one too.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Engineering first

I'm not sure this makes sense. We have a fairly narrow focus, hybrid-electrics, and there are many other web site that focus on the environment and to a greater or lessor extent, also cover not only hybrids but all other modes of transportation.

If there is something specific about hybrid impacts on the environment, I could change my mind but right now, I'm not aware of anything unique to our hybrids that isn't already shared by existing gas, flex and electric vehicles. The hybrid-environmental association seems a little weak . . . but I could be pursaded otherwise.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Think green.

I guess each of us had different reasons for buying a hybrid...some liked the technology, some wanted to experience the gas savings, and some wanted to do something to benefit the environment.

I would be interested in an environmental section on the forum, although if it doesn't happen, there are plenty of other places where I can find such an outlet.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 AM

I'd be interested, too. We have a fuel efficiency section, and not everyone bought a hybrid to get the best mileage. Well, most of us did (grin!) and it's certainly connected, but there are certainly some people who come here and have slightly different expectations. I just think the quality of the discourse would be high and the discussions would be worth reading, so I would like having an environmental section.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I'm not sure this makes sense. We have a fairly narrow focus, hybrid-electrics, and there are many other web site that focus on the environment and to a greater or lessor extent, also cover not only hybrids but all other modes of transportation.

If there is something specific about hybrid impacts on the environment, I could change my mind but right now, I'm not aware of anything unique to our hybrids that isn't already shared by existing gas, flex and electric vehicles. The hybrid-environmental association seems a little weak . . . but I could be pursaded otherwise.

Bob Wilson
Many hybrid owners care about and may want to discuss the environment.

Also, this is "green" hybrid. I don't think it implies young.

There's your link.

P.S. I added a poll to gauge what the users might like. Power to the people!

Last edited by noflash; 09-10-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Engineering first

I don't feel strongly one way or the other. If the environmental discussion has a technical link to hybrid electrics, such as co-generation, I'm inclined towards it. However, if it becomes another "Anything goes," well I'll probably expend as much time as I do today on the "Tax" forum.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Well that's too bad. You don't have to be a greenie to have an opinion about the enviro, though...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 AM

hmmm... maybe the "green" is for something else...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Site Founder

Typically what we do is wait until there are a lot of topics that fit one specific category, and then make a forum for it. Until then, these best belong in the General forum. When there are several active topics at once about the environment, for instance, then let me know.

Quick Reply: Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands