Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.
View Poll Results: Would you appreciate an "Environment" forum on this website?
Yes!
47.62%
No!
38.10%
Maybe!
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can we get a Forum for the environment?

You got it. Thanks, J.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 PM

I don't know- I think that if there was an environmental section, more people might post environmental stuff, and not just the other way around. I would probably never post news articles here if there wasn't a News/Journalism section. But there is- so I think that people here might like to read that kind of thing if I bother sharing what I see. Just my two cents.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM

a solelly environmental subsection? well i dont protest yet will it tie in to the car's impact on the environment? or be about other issues? both would be interesting but i would like to keep the car's involved or some part of technological impact on the environment errors or ben-fits?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

I am a new owner of a 2008 FEH and one of the main reasons for our purchase was because of how clean the emmissions are from the Escape. I suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitives, which the worse culprit is formaldhyde. So I am highly affected by gas fumes, new car smells and on and on. The Ford Motor company is making it a mission to limit out-gassing in their new vehicles, by using recycled materials and less chemical treatments. Toyota is another new car that I could have tolerated. There is no way we could have purchased any other new vehicle because of out gassing. Volvo has been the leader and Ford is starting to use the same principles.
Anyway we only purchased the FEH this past Saturday and I am already feeling better. Our older car was 9 years old and some of the gas fumes were leaking inside. Other people would never notice but I could. Anyway I love what Ford is doing for the enviroment,for my health and all others. Especially the children of the future. Keep up the good work.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by yellowkat
I am a new owner of a 2008 FEH and one of the main reasons for our purchase was because of how clean the emmissions are from the Escape. I suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitives, which the worse culprit is formaldhyde. So I am highly affected by gas fumes, new car smells and on and on. The Ford Motor company is making it a mission to limit out-gassing in their new vehicles, by using recycled materials and less chemical treatments. Toyota is another new car that I could have tolerated. There is no way we could have purchased any other new vehicle because of out gassing. Volvo has been the leader and Ford is starting to use the same principles.
Anyway we only purchased the FEH this past Saturday and I am already feeling better. Our older car was 9 years old and some of the gas fumes were leaking inside. Other people would never notice but I could. Anyway I love what Ford is doing for the enviroment,for my health and all others. Especially the children of the future. Keep up the good work.
Wow, I'm glad you found some relief.

I hope you posted your story in its own thread.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Think green.

yellowcat, thank you for the information you gave regarding your FEH and out-gassing of toxic substances. It's great that Ford and some other auto manufacturers are paying attention to this issue, as I know it affects a lot of people's health.
Is there a listing of cars that you found that made you aware of the FEH being a good choice in this regard? I'd be interested to see what other cars have low out-gassing. I think Ford should make it known that they do this; it's a good thing, but not many people are aware of it.
It's funny, I had just logged onto my computer to look up the location of a store in my area that sells organic bedding & such, and I saw this thread referenced in a post in my e-mail inbox. Kind of a related topic that caught my eye.
Thanks again for the info about out-gassing and cars.
Best of luck to you with your FEH.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 09-12-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM

Here you go:
http://www.healthycar.org/home.php

Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 PM

I tried the link but couldn't get to the car search information without registering. That's a bit irksome. Still- an interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing it with us, yellowkat!

Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
I tried the link but couldn't get to the car search information without registering. That's a bit irksome. Still- an interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing it with us, yellowkat!
Just click "No Thanks".

Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast

Hello
The link above was not where I found my information, but it is an interesting site. Hmmm, as much searching I did I still did come up with this one.
One note to consider ... this was for the 2007 not the 08. They are using recycled products now. I wonder how this site will rate the 2008. Also I am mostly concerned with Formaldyde which is not listed on their tests.
Gairwyn, I looked at so much stuff before we decided on the FEH and I don't know if I saved that info. I first went by the smell of the car and was shocked by how well I was able to handle it. Then I started looking into it. I will post the links when I find them. Ours also has the leather premium package. I was concerned about that but everything is going well for me personally.
Also a note on that organic bedding....Look into Bamboo sheets. They feel wonderful. They are a little more expensive but they wash very well and keep their shape. Bamboo grows so quickly that there is no need for pesticides. Watch out on products 100% cotton in the USA, more pesticides are used than you could imagine. Have fun shopping so many more colors and patterns are available now. But I prefer crisp white. Have a great day.

Quick Reply: Can we get a Forum for the environment?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands