Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Censorship in GreenHybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: In Defense of Jason

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
...think members have a lot of freedom as long as they don't troll...
We're not allowed to troll? <<going back to edit a few posts>>

Old 10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: In Defense of Jason

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I'm just a member, and I have yet to read the thread in question.

Strict censorship is the reason I joined www.greenhybrid.com. If you want to experience strict control, just get slightly off-topic at www.insightcentral.net!

I've been at forums at both extremes from vitrually unmoderated to admins expecting 30 rules be followed and making issues with trivia.

Communities, be it bricks-and-mortar or in cyberspace are not bound by the free speech rights most Western countries practice. I think it's a mistake to act like GreenHybrid or any other forum is like a cybernation. Having said that, I think members have a lot of freedom as long as they don't troll or make personal attacks.
What DF said goes for me too.

I originally came to GH by way of IC as well. Trust me GH is a much less restrictive enviroment.

Un-modded forums tend to suffer from a least common denominator effect where flame wars rage out of control and stifle creative discussion. On the other end of the spectrum, forums like IC are over modded to the extreme. GH is not perfect and we do make mistakes but overall it is a great place to come talk hybrids.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: Censorship in GreenHybrid

Is it really true that there is know such thing as a dumb question?

Well then that being the case, what is this (Troll) thing?

Terry

BTW; I agree with TBaleno and his comments on this, so I don't have to retype basically the same thing that he has already stated in his post. Thank-You

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-20-2005 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to comment on Topic
Old 10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Censorship in GreenHybrid

A "Troll" is a forum user who tries to start fights and arguments, or just continues to argue senselessly for the sake of causing a fuss and / or getting attention.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Censorship in GreenHybrid

Originally Posted by Schwa
A "Troll" is a forum user who tries to start fights and arguments, or just continues to argue senselessly for the sake of causing a fuss and / or getting attention.
Hi Eric; Now I've got it.

Thanks that was to the point:

Terry

Old 10-21-2005, 06:23 AM
Banned
Default Trolling Rare in Real-Life

....at least not as common as in cyberspace. A troller basically wants to crash a party. Examples:
  • A Hummer comming to a hybrid gathering.
  • Me comming to a Hummer gathering in an Insight.
The common demoninator is to ruin the gathering. It seems to happen a lot more in cyberspace than in real person. Trollers don't need much (if any courage) and can fabricate who they really are....

You might have someone I'm not sure I'd classify as a troller that can be disruptive by ranting on a very controversial viewpoint. Examples:
  • A member that thinks all cars and trucks should be banned.
  • A member that thinks we should all drive CXTs.
If such a member fails to "agree to disagree" there will be problems...

Old 10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jason is the one whos on the block if anything ever gets out of hand. Ive seen sites get ruined if a lawyer is brought in by a upset user.

I use to toss mail for Fido. I was responceble for the content in all the mail I tossed. As if I time to read all the mail I forwarded. I had to stop that and shut down my hub.

What ever Jason wants to do ,,, its his call and his alone.

Puts on Trolling costume and goes to that other site.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned

I don't think a lawyer would have anything to go after. There is no slandering and no copyright infringement here. Need to remind members that when you refer to an article, link and include a brief excerpt to avoid legal trouble. A wholesale copy is where trouble could start....I've been to some MSN Groups that have been shut down for this very reason.