Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Site Founder
Exclamation Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

I've decided that this summer before I leave for college we're going to create the next-generation Real Mileage Database here at GreenHybrid. I can't say yet for sure if I'll code it or will hire a developer, but I ask every one of you to please contribute your ideas, feature requests and other suggestions. GreenHybrid is your interactive online resource supported by visitors like you.

This thread may be your opportunity to influence the future of this website and its success. Please stay up-to-date and provide your opinion often.

In addition to the current obvious features, some popular requests include:

• Displays in all units of measurements
  • Gas price inputs
  • Additional data analysis
My own ideas include:
  • "Starting point" inputs
  • Member comments per car
  • Member journal
  • Car photo
  • Cached pages for decreased server load
  • Improved interface
  • Instructions
  • Remote data submission from related websites
  • Dynamic data broadcasting
Have at it, everyone.

Last edited by Jason; 05-29-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Be sure to include the gasoline 'grade' is possible. I've noticed higher MPG when using 89-octane over 87.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Early Adopter

Since the hybrid SUVs come in 2wd and 4wd flavors the database should have a way to indicate which is which and the ability to filter for either or the combination of both.

It would also be interesting to see the accuracy gap between the "calculated" (miles driven divide by gallons filled) versus the "computer estimated" MPG number. I've seen variations as wide as 2.29 MPG between the two numbers on any given fill-up.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

I would like to see a space where you can input your MFD MPG average and figure my MPG based on manual calculation and compare the two.
Als as I've mentioned before, more choices for percent of traffic and highway.
I also thought it would be cool to compare my Prius to my old car a Nissan Quest, which averaged 18 MPG. So if I drove the same # of miles how much more gas would I have used in my Quest.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Site Founder

Ah. The ability to keep track of as many or as few variables as one wants. Perhaps even the ability to keep track of a "custom" variable if it isn't stored in the database by default.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Have an entry for whats shown on the car's calculation (FCD in the Insight) to compare to the calculation from the database.

Include a filter for CVT/5-speed for the Insights

If a file has not been updated in some period of time (12 months ?) , consider purging the data to an archive database.

Regards,

Old 05-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by hawkGT647
If a file has not been updated in some period of time (12 months ?) , consider purging the data to an archive database.
Woah. I think not, sir. Data is data is data, no matter how old it is. Perhaps we could sort by date, but purging data is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

I second (third?) the request for an option to post both "calculated by real-world tank" and "computed" MPG averages. Maybe after a few months of collecting such data, we can work out those discrepancies.

I'd also like to see, instead of a "which month" dropdown menu, something more like a "from the last tank date to 'now'", where you'd just fill out the 'now' date widget of course.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Site Founder

Hey, any Mac OSX Tiger coders? We could have a mileage database Dashboard widget

Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by hawkGT647
Include a filter for CVT/5-speed for the Insights
Good idea. but not just for Insights, Civics (and any other car with transmission options) too!

Quick Reply: Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands