Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Old 05-30-2005, 02:29 AM
rzb
Enthusiast
Default Re: Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

It would be good to be able to download ones own data or data for a vehicle class or model as a CSV file.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:32 AM
Enthusiast

It would be great to be able to sort the database by any variable, and compare vehicles by selecting a subset of the whole.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Chuckokie

4wd vrs fwd breakout for Suvs

Old 05-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Enthusiast

Agreed - do not purge old data - the value lies in the depth of data. I don't see any changes required for the Next-Generation Mileage Database; Jason enjoy the summer before college.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doppler
I second (third?) the request for an option to post both "calculated by real-world tank" and "computed" MPG averages. Maybe after a few months of collecting such data, we can work out those discrepancies.
I "third/forth" that idea. I was getting annoyed last week when the dashboard MPG was showing a significant drop from the previous tanks real-world number (hence the thread I started). When it came time to fill up, the tank had actually done slightly better than the previous one!

Of course, that manual calculation method assumes you fill the tank to exactly the same level each time, which may not be true. However over time the averages will be accurate.

BTW: On a similar topic, I recently put in gas w/o filling the tank, so I just included those gallons in the calculation, and kept the milage total going until I could completly fill the tank. All OK but now the stats show I have a 22 gallon tank and average of 16.8 galls/tank (even though the tank is theoretically 17 gals, I never run it that dry ! )

Last edited by Jason; 05-30-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

>>> It would be good to be able to download ones own data or data for a vehicle class or model as a CSV file.

I'll vote for that.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast

>>> Be sure to include the gasoline 'grade' is possible. I've noticed higher MPG when using 89-octane over 87.

I recently suggested someting similar to Jason, but will also post it here for public view:

When entering tank data I'd like to include fuel price paid, the particular gas station, (beginings of a gasprice survey?), the grade and brand of fuel (including (seasonal) additives) etc to see if there is any corrolation between those variables and the MPG

Old 05-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Enthusiast

>>> Als as I've mentioned before, more choices for percent of traffic and highway.
Agreed

I've often wondered why the highway/city dropdowns are separate rather than a single/combined dropdown - is it possible to have 66% highway *and* 66% city ??

Old 05-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Site Founder

Merlin, they aren't separate. There's one for traffic and one for highway %. Also, please refrain from posting multiple times in a row.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Happy Owner

Originally Posted by chuckokie36
4wd vrs fwd breakout for Suvs
We also vote for model breakdowns (the Jolly Roger is a FWD FEH)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands