Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Cost of fuel option in RHMDB (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/cost-fuel-option-rhmdb-5320/)

bar10dah 01-06-2006 03:50 PM

Cost of fuel option in RHMDB

I'd like to see a box to store the cost of fuel. That way, we can track just how much fuel has cost us over time.

An example, is how www.fueleconomy.gov does it.

That way, we can see how many $ per tank. $ per mile. $ lifetime.

tbaleno 01-06-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Cost of fuel option in RHMDB

It's a good idea because someone researching can get a general idea how much of a savings in money you can get out of a hybrid in a particular area.

Jason 01-06-2006 09:47 PM

Perhaps we can add this in the future. One reason I didn't add it at first was that it would complicate the process and perhaps deter users. Maybe I can add an advanced options page and only have it display if the user requested it.

tbaleno 01-07-2006 10:07 AM

An advanced options page might be good because who knows what other stuff you can put in their in the future.

bwilson4web 01-09-2006 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jason
Perhaps we can add this in the future. One reason I didn't add it at first was that it would complicate the process and perhaps deter users. Maybe I can add an advanced options page and only have it display if the user requested it.

As a quick workaround, just add a column with the date of each entry. Then we could use excel or other spreadsheets with historical gas prices to calcuate not only our fuel costs but also the relative fuel savings compared to other vehicles.

If you do add a fuel cost, it may make sense to use historical gas prices as a rough order of mangnitude cost for earlier entries.

Bob Wilson

ps. BTW, we're saving one car payment per year.