Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Detailed display page too?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Engineering first
Question Detailed display page too?

Hi,

There are two 'hidden' fields in the individual vehicle records, the date entered and the comments. I like the current display but would also like an 'enhanced' display that would put these additional fields in fixed columns for easy 'cut and paste' into excel.

My current workaround is to display my vehicle mileage and use "show source" to get a text version of the HTML. Then I parse the text version to get the date entered and comments. Although it works, it is AWKward (for those who speak unix.)

Is this enhancement on the 'list of things to do?' Any chance before October of this year when I will need it vs. the AWK moment?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Old 06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Detailed display page too?

Bob,
I'm not sure about that. We are considering allowing members to download data from their own cars into Excel format, but for privacy and other issues I don't think we'll be making it extremely easy to copy-and-paste the entire database.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Detailed display page too?

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm not sure about that. We are considering allowing members to download data from their own cars into Excel format, but for privacy and other issues I don't think we'll be making it extremely easy to copy-and-paste the entire database.
I meant only for my individual car, not the whole database, and for all of the fields, not just the ones in the web display.

As for the entries of others, what we have today is sufficient.

Bob Wilson