Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Does anyone LIKE the new GH Format? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/does-anyone-like-new-gh-format-19435/)

kristian 08-08-2008 06:31 AM

Does anyone LIKE the new GH Format?

I like the fact that they have split things by manufacturer--that makes a lot of sense, but I really don't care for having separate FEH, MMH and MTH boards. They are all the same car, and no one seems to use the other boards anyway. What do you think?

MyPart 08-08-2008 09:06 AM

Re: Does anyone LIKE the new GH Format?

I was going to give it a week before I said anything but I don't see much need in splitting out the FEH and MMH as there is so much crossover between the two. I think this carries over as technically the Mazda should have it's own Manufacturer section even though the MTH (and Mazda) are essentially Ford products (I know Mazda is only partially a Ford owned entity). What happens if Mazda releases it's own hybrid that isn't a re-badged Ford? It's not likely but it could happen, eventually.

Green Lantern 08-08-2008 11:20 AM

I did not even know they had changed the format. I have it bookmarked directly to this forum.

Jason 08-08-2008 03:55 PM

I'll move this to the appropriate forum.

If the community in general agrees, I will see about consolidating the sibling models.

Intrus 08-08-2008 04:31 PM

I would agree that the siblings should be merged. Assuming they are the same car, then no reason for different forums. Excepting generations. e.i. I would keep the generations of Prius and Civic separated, as well as any others that a substantially different than the previous generation.

bmisf 08-09-2008 11:49 AM

Absolutely want it back the way it was. This split adds no value, just makes it harder to find relevant information.

These are the same car, with no meaningful difference between them; the tips and advice that apply to any one apply to all.

Please merge them back.

kristian 08-11-2008 07:07 AM

Why was this thread moved? It is a FEH/MMH/MTH question--it shouldn't be buried in the "website questions" thread.

Jason 08-12-2008 11:33 PM

The thread is not about cars, it's about the website. So it belongs here.

Pravus Prime 08-14-2008 04:00 PM

I don't see the reason to split up the Ford vehicles, except by model year grouping, having the '05-'07 in one forum, and the '08-? in another if they have to be split up, after all, there is a design and programing change there, as well as instrument differences as well.

I was going to wait out the week, then make the suggestion, but it seems relevant here.

devendra 06-08-2009 04:03 AM

Yes we like it.