Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Thanks, Jason!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

My car is registered on the site as 4WD but that doesn't show up in the sig. Can I adjust that to avoid ridicule for my driving habits?

Colin

Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Umm guys. How about using the preview signature button when you create your signature to test it? Lets not make this thread a dumping ground for tests.
OK! You got it, Tom!

;-)

Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by CCRGMac
My car is registered on the site as 4WD but that doesn't show up in the sig. Can I adjust that to avoid ridicule for my driving habits?

Colin
Contact a member of the CarsDirect staff and they should be able to help.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/showgroups.php

Old 12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jason
This is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, and finally I did it.

This is my personal, dynamic mileage forum signature. When I add a new tank to the database, my signature updates automatically. And, now, you can use it, too!

The server reads the URL for your unique signature, extracts your car ID number, and prints out the current fuel economy rating. To create yours, follow these simple steps:
  1. [b]If permitted, copy this HTML code as your signature. If HTML is not allowed, use this URL for your image:and this URL for your link:<<
  2. Paste the HTML code as your signature or, if not permitted, create your signature using the provided URLs.<
  3. Finally, replace the character "#" with your database car ID number in both instances.
    This number can be found in the address of your car's page in the mileage database immediately after "car/". For instance, my address is "greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/5-midori.html" and my ID # is 5.
That's it! If you have any quesiton, please let me know. I'll see about creating an automatic code generator to make things a bit easier. Enjoy!
THis simply does not work for me...I copy and paste exactly and nothing comes up. Just garbled stuff...see below.

Last edited by Armand; 12-28-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Site Founder

Looks like you got it to work.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

Yes I did...I have absolutely no idea how...but it worked!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default "Green Hybrid" Signature Banners

I have searched around and can't figure out how to put one of these in my profile.

Help?

Thanks-
Marea

Old 03-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: "Green Hybrid" Signature Banners

Hi,

You will need the index number for your vehicle. This is put in a URL that points to the graphic. Then put your signature graphic URL into your signature block.

1) Get your vehicle index

Use "View My Cars" to find your mileage log. The URL will end with a number, "1506.html", for my car. The number for your car is what is needed.

2) Make your signature image URL

Substitute your index number in a URL that looks like this:

http: // www.greenhybrid.com / compare / mileage / car / <your_number> / signature.png

Using the picture postcard tool, use your version of the above URL to verify your signature shows up. Take out the extra " " around the "/". This just keeps the URL from being 'fixed' by the normal display code.

3) Edit your signature

Click on "User CP" on the top bar and drill down to your signature block. Using the picture postcard tool, add the URL to your graphic.

That should do it.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-31-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Green Hybrid" Signature Banners

Bob,
Thanks for posting the instructions for the signature, but for those of you trying this remove the spaces:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/<your_number>/signature.png

I just created the signature below :-) .
FYI - this is my first tank manually calculated (display mileage was higher). Current tank is running around 40 plus.

Last edited by ilene; 03-31-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands