Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Errors on the metric Compare page

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Errors on the metric Compare page

The graph does not show (broken image icon) and there are some other PHP errors showing up in the Mariner Aggregate Data Table, probably just to do with no data (but it looks rather bad).

Code:
Warning: Division by zero in /functions.php on line 15
0.00–

Old 11-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Errors on the metric Compare page

Ah. I forgot this would happen in metric mode. I'll try and fix it soon. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Site Founder

Fixed.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 AM

Table looks good, I still don't see the graph though. If you view the graph by itself it comes up as an HTML document with "Warning: Division by zero in /home/gh/public_html/compare/mileage/functions.php on line 15" three times and then some helpful tips for fixing it.

Last edited by Schwa; 11-28-2005 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Site Founder

Which graph? The one on the main database page? That shows fine for me... The Mariner graph shouldn't show but there isn't yet a link to that page.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 PM

Strange... I'm still getting a broken graphic and the "image" in it's own window comes up as an error page, same in a few browsers.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...?system=Metric

Imperial and US show up fine.

here's the content of the page I get, in case it's not showing up for you:
Code:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Division by zero in <b>/home/gh/public_html/compare/mileage/functions.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Division by zero in <b>/home/gh/public_html/compare/mileage/functions.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />
<br />

<table border=1><tr><td><font color=darkred size=4><b>JpGraph Error:</b> 
HTTP headers have already been sent.</font></td></tr><tr><td><b>Explanation:</b><br>HTTP headers have already been sent back to the browser indicating the data as text before the library got a chance to send it's image HTTP header to this browser. This makes it impossible for the library to send back image data to the browser (since that would be interpretated as text by the browser and show up as junk text).<p>Most likely you have some text in your script before the call to <i>Graph::Stroke()</i>. If this texts gets sent back to the browser the browser will assume that all data is plain text. Look for any text, even spaces and newlines, that might have been sent back to the browser. <p>For example it is a common mistake to leave a blank line before the opening "<b>&lt;?php</b>".</td></tr></table>

Old 11-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Site Founder

Oh, I see what you mean now. I forgot the graph is different in metrics. The problem is that the Mariner currently has no data. It should show up as 0 MPG but in metrics the 0 goes in the denominator, causing a basic mathematics issue.

I could take the Mariner out of the graph right now but to be honest that's going to be a hassle. I'd think maybe we should just wait until there's a car or two and I can activate the statistics. Where are those Mariner drivers? Have they not hit the roads!?

Old 11-29-2005, 02:00 AM

Ok, that's what I figured, based on the error, but I thought maybe I was seeing something you weren't, and that would probably mean stranger gremlins.