Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Estima hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/estima-hybrid-7231/)

Spaceship 05-08-2006 11:46 AM

Estima hybrid

Hi,
I'm new to this site but I can't find my Estima to put my stats against. Can someone please add this to the site. I know you can't get them in the USA, but we are blessed in my county to be able to get them, although in very limited numbers.
Thanks
Mark

bwilson4web 05-08-2006 02:27 PM

Re: Estima hybrid

Originally Posted by Spaceship
Hi,
I'm new to this site but I can't find my Estima to put my stats against. Can someone please add this to the site. I know you can't get them in the USA, but we are blessed in my county to be able to get them, although in very limited numbers.

Wow! Which country is that?

You can start a log of your vehicle performance and track the tanks. Then set your signature up and folks can click on it to see what you're getting (click on my Echo block to see what I mean). Then if we can find two or three others, it will be a 'movement'.

The first hybrid minivan will have our attention in Huntsville, AL.

Bob Wilson

foo monkey 05-08-2006 05:20 PM

Hi,
Thanks
Mark

You have two options. First, and probably best, wait for the DBA to read this thread and add the Estima to the database as a hybrid car. There may only be a handful of Estima owners here, but there a many users who want to see your mileage records. Or, you could click here and add it as a non-hybrid car. The DBA ought to be able to convert it to a hybrid car later but it'll be easier on him, if you be patient and go with the first option.

Jason 05-08-2006 06:00 PM

I suggest adding it as a Non-Hybrid car and if we ever decide to add it to the official hybrid list, we'll convert it for you. The Estima isn't available in the US and you are the very first in almost 3 years to mention it. For that reason, it doesn't make much sense for us to add it to the "hybrid" database even though it is a hybrid. My apologies.

ken1784 05-08-2006 06:44 PM

Just FYI...
Toyota will announce the new generation of Estima Hybrid on June 12, 2006.

The current model is equipped with 2.4L 131ps, 13kW front moter and conventional belt driven CVT plus 18kW rear motor. It is called the THS-C system

The new one is based on HSD system and is equipped with 2.4L 150ps, 105kW front motor and eCVT plus 50kW rear motor. The front section seems identical to Camry Hybrid.

Ken@Japan

Archslater 05-09-2006 04:00 AM

What kind of mileage does the Estima get? I would think a mainstream hybrid minivan would do well in the U.S. A lot of soccermoms would love to drive a hybrid.

Spaceship 05-09-2006 04:17 AM

I live in New Zealand and at the moment there is only 3 in the country, 2 more on the way. I have the only 8 seater.
I will try and put in Milage but brain hurts trying to convert to your funny measurements

David Harville 05-09-2006 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
The first hybrid minivan will have our attention in Huntsville, AL.

And ours in Ellicott City, MD. However, our Sienna is less than 2 years old and our Prius' odometer will catch and pass it some time this summer. In other words, we won't be shopping for a new minivan for a few years.

Archslater 05-09-2006 08:30 AM

I live in New Zealand and at the moment there is only 3 in the country, 2 more on the way. I have the only 8 seater.
I will try and put in Milage but brain hurts trying to convert to your funny measurements

What kind of FE do you typically get in Metric?

Spaceship 05-09-2006 11:52 AM

I have only done about 500km around town with very little highway travel. I am getting around 10 to 11 km per litre. I should be able to get 14 to 16 km on a trip. Beats the old one of 6km around town and 8.5 on a trip.