Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Excell -> Mileage Database?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Kevin 2005 Driftwood Pear
Default Excell -> Mileage Database?

Hello,

I just joined and was wondering if there was an easy way to dump all the mileage data that I have in excel into the data base. We are talking between the two cars (my old '02 and the new '05 that replaced it) 115,000 miles with 288 tanks of gas. It's just to much for me to enter one tank at a time.

Kevin '05 Driftwood Pearl

Old 05-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Excell -> Mileage Database?

Hi Kevin_rf:

___If you look at the GH HRMDB – new tank input form, there is a place where you can input an override although if you have 288 tanks, I would much rather see those then a 10 second override input … I have had to re-introduce all of my tanks just once so far and will probably have to do it again with Jason’s addition of higher accuracy in the DB …

___Back to your original question. Jason’s spreadsheet is not setup like you have probably inputted your own odometer, Trip A/B, fuel purchased, tank FE, Lifetime mpg (LMPG), notes, and such on a given tank(s). With some renaming of the rows and columns as well as changing the format, you might be able to send Jason your spreadsheet but just do not expect him to reconfigure our own to match his massively tweaked one is all I am sure he will get back to you on this but having seen Spreadsheet version number 1.439 (just guessing) some 6 months ago or more , his spreadsheet was pretty spectacular then and this was when it was in its infancy. I can just imagine what it looks like now

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Site Founder

Kevin,
Because of the variety of ways people use to keep track of mileage, there's no import capability in the database. However, you may be interested in the lifetime mileage override feature. When adding (or editing) your car, simply input your odometer and lifetime fuel economy readings, and your car will be added with those values. Any tanks you add thereafter will not change this figure, but will show up on your car's page.

In the near future, I plan to implement a feature that allows one to define a "starting point" and additional tanks will add to these initial figures.

Good luck!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Site Founder

Yeah. It's pretty crazy, Wayne. I think this site is ready for a version 2, scripted by a developer who knows how to code... unlike me. We'll need to raise some funds, though, because I wouldn't be surprised if it enters 4 figures.

Here's what the actual database table for [just] my car looks like. Anyone can download their own by going to Edit Your Cars/Tanks > Edit Car > Excel Tank Spreadsheet

The main car database table is much worse. Trust me.

Attached Files
File Type: xls
gh_tank_car5.xls (7.4 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by Jason; 05-10-2005 at 12:21 PM.