Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Firefox issues w/new website layout

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Firefox issues w/new website layout

I have been using Firefox since I started with GreenHybrid (a few months ago) and enjoyed logging in and clicking the drop-down menu to choose "Subscribed Threads." Now with the new layout I no longer see the drop-down menu (I tried this in IE and it is unavailable also). Many times when a page has either Java or Active Server Page (.asp) scripts running then Firefox doesn't always display the feature. Has this feature been removed on the new layout? The only way I can get to it is to go under the User CP area and then choose Subscribed Threads.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
CarsDirect Staff
Default Re: Firefox issues w/new website layout

The system is using a new set of javascript, and it is possible that the old version is still cached on your computer. When you are on the main discuss (forum) page, on your keyboard, press Ctrl+F5. That will do a force refresh, and it should start working. All of my development and half my testing was done in Firefox, so I know it works.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:52 AM

Tony - Thanks for the tip (and I didn't know about the Ctrl-F5 function as a forced refresh before) but it did not work. What I did is keep the Norton Internet Security enabled and when I do then this is the "header bar" that I see just under my login name/last login date:
  • User CP
  • FAQ
  • Members List
  • Search
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Open Buddy List
  • Log Out
If I enable Norton then I get ads on the screen and the following headers:
  • User CP
  • FAQ
  • Members List
  • Search
  • Quick Links
  • Log Out
I'm not sure why the headers are different. The only thing I know is that Norton sometimes does not allow some Java scripting to run though I do have all of those options enabled. I've had to disable it from time to time when I log in to my company's online timesheet program. I like the Quick Links dropdown menu but now I only see it if I disable Norton and I'd prefer not to see all those ads or popup windows when I navigate away from this site and forget to enable it. Maybe I need the newest Java installed or some more tweaking in Norton.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:03 PM

I discovered that a setting in Norton for "Information about your browser" was the trick - this needs to be set to Enabled and then I was able to see the dropdown menu options.

Edit #2: I just lost my post so maybe I haven't figured out the scripting yet anyway.