Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Forum Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

I really like greenhybrid and would like to help improve it with some suggestions.

My first suggestion is to start a "Suggestions" area/section/topic for, well, suggestions.

The other thing is that I find the existing forum topics redundant and confusing. For example under "GreenHybrid Main", we have "General Forum" and under "Miscellaneous Forums" we have "Anything Goes" which seems reduanant.

Also under "Hybrid Electric Vehicles" we have "Upcoming Hybrids" and under "File Discussions" we have "Hybrid Models ( of now and the future)". Which are very similar and seems redundant as well.

Lastly, I like the "subforums" idea in the "Vehicles" section but do not care for it in the "Miscellaneous Forums" section. It seems to me like it would be better to just list the topics seperately. Of all the ideas this one is the least important, more of a nit pic on my part.

Thanks for readin!

Old 08-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Site Founder

Thanks for your input. Here is some clarification:

General Forum is all hybrid-related. Anything Goes is for any unrelated, off-topic discussion.

The File Discussions section is only for posts regarding files that have been uploaded through the downloads section.

Old 09-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

While I am still awaiting for my 05 Prius, I have been searching all the forums for technical info.

One suggestion is to add Technical Service Bullitins to the Downloads area. I have seen a TSB for the gas guage/filler problem, but cannot find it anywhere.

Cheers, Doug

Old 09-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Site Founder

Douglas, technical service bulletins are targetted mainly towards dealerships and their service shops. On the rare occasion that I find one that's relevant, I'll put it under Hybrid News. Here's the location of the TSB: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...?showtopic=971

Perhaps I'll add it to the downloads section now.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, Jason. TSB's are very valuable to customers, especially when the dealer is clueless on an issue. On my Avalon, the dealer constantly explained away a problem I had as "they all do that", until I handed them a copy of a TSB that explained what the issue was and how to correct it.

When I actually take delivery of my Prius, I will probably spend a day on the Toyota tech info site and download everything I can for my $10. Then if there is anything of value to other Prius owners, you can be assured I will share the info.

Cheers, Doug

Old 01-28-2005, 07:57 PM

I still think a suggestions area would be nice......

Oh well there is always this thread.

OK This has been mentioned before, I don't remember the response/outcome. The data base has cars where the posters are long gone and only made an entry or two. This is most notable in the Insight area because the number one spot is Coolio with only 2 entries from summer. Our esteemed xcel is second with many database entries and helpful posts. It would burn me to be second to an impossible goal that you can never realistically reach in year round driving.

Personally I think xcel deserves the number one spot.

I could easily have just posted my best couple of short trips and had HCH numbers in the high seventies and taken the number one spot in the HCH section.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking for but some combination of abandonment and very low number of entries should be thown out. If you made lots of entries and sold a car that should stand. If you have only made a couple of entries but the car is new that is ok too. Cars like Coolio should get tossed out IMO.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Site Founder

There used to be a suggestions forum, but it was barely used so I didn't think an empty forum was really useful.

I agree that some of the entrees are misleading, but removing them would essentially be removing much of our data. I did a test a whlie back that compared the overall mileages to the mileages calculated only with cars >3,000 miles... and it rarely made a difference. So, at least the data can be considered accurate. Perhaps I'll have an option to display data with only certain criteria, though. First things' first... gotta get the homepage dynamic again.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Default Re: Forum Suggestions

Simple new suggestion...

If you have new private mail can you make it blink or change color back and forth to draw your attention to the upper right corner so you know you have new mail?

Old 05-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Site Founder

The default setting is for the member to receive an email as well as a popup box notification if they have a new PM. Did you disable this?

Old 05-14-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
The default setting is for the member to receive an email as well as a popup box notification if they have a new PM. Did you disable this?
Ahh, you would think that those notifications would be enough wouldn't you? Mozilla has a popup blocker (which I love) so that is why no popups come up. I don't check my email that often so that doesn't help in my case. If it is a lot of trouble to make a blinky don't bother. Perhaps a bribe is in order. I'll make a contribution when I get home on a more secure system...

Quick Reply: Forum Suggestions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands