Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Idea for the website

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Default Idea for the website

How about incorporating a chat room on this site? I know I usualy have my computer on and next to me most of the time I'm home so I would probably hang out there a good chunk of time. I don't know if anyone else is interested in this. Maybe you could take up a poll.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Site Founder

I thought of it, but there are a couple things that would make it a bit impractical. First of all, on average there are probably 25 visitors online at any given time. Of those, how many would happen to be in a chatroom? Maybe one. Maybe. Also, there are a couple types... java applications are server-heavy and require additional software enabled. Most other types are slow, inefficient and generally not fun to use.

So, there you have it.

I'd likely look into it if people would actually use it, but I highly doubt there would be many people.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jason, could you open a aim chatroom, i know we did that on an old forum i was on and there were usually 8 or so people on at night, maybe 4 during the day.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:11 PM

I created a chatroom called greenhybrid on aim.

Jason,

If you want me to change the name just let me know. I don't want to use the name without your permision.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Site Founder

See, if we have a chatroom, it would be best that it integrates into the website. I can look for a solution that would suit our needs, but AIM is software-dependent.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:27 PM

I agree. I just started it up for the few of us that hang out in chat rooms all day. I was under the impression that you weren't rely thinking of adding a chat room in the near future. Do you want me to rename it or should I just keep it up until you add one to the site?

Old 02-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Site Founder

You can keep it up; that's fine.