Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Ike & Me

Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Site Founder
Default Ike & Me

I received a few inquiries about my situation in Houston. If any of you were wondering (I'll flatter myself!), here's the scoop.

Things were hellish for a bit, but matters at Rice University are more fortunate than elsewhere. Power never went out. I got full water access back after about 2 days. There's damage on campus but nothing catastrophic. The Houston area, though, has a long way to go. Millions are without power, water or sanitation control. Lots of homes are damaged. So far classes here are set to resume late today but the administration has cancelled all written assignments, tests and exams for the rest of the week. By next week things should return mostly to normal in my life but—again—elsewhere it may be a matter of months.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Ike & Me

Good to hear that your situation is pretty good, Jason

Old 09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
ice
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ike & Me

Hi there! Glad you're okay. I have some friends who were hit pretty bad. Hope everything will be back to normal soon...