Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.
View Poll Results: What is the most important improvement to help grow GreenHybrid?
More articles
35.90%
More forum categories
2.56%
Chatroom
5.13%
Mileage database features
38.46%
Portal-like homepage
2.56%
Other (please explain)
15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Improving GreenHybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Site Founder

I'm looking to boost visitor attendance and promote the GreenHybrid name. What do I need to do, in your opinion? Please reply with additional comments.

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't think a chatroom would work, lots of sites have them and in my experience, people don't use them. I think more people use mIRC for chatrooms

Old 03-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Site Founder

We'll see. I was going to install a great java chat program, but apparently it's too taxing on the server.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

In late 99 I would visit Insightman's website often. I was in Japan and liked the information his site contained. Its still a nice website but Insightcentral has become the dominant Insight website. . In fact I saw a article which listed it as the official Honda site. Between the two the Yahoo forum's were a great choice for getting info and asking questions which I still read. On the Prius side I am part of both yahoo groups and Prius chat but seldom post. For one thing the volume is too great expecially on the 04 Prius list. Secondly people don't seam to be into the technology that much (I like coastal Dave's products and posts). As a result I would think this website will do very well if it offers good info on the various Hybrids vice just one brand or vehicle. Have fun, RIck

Old 03-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Site Founder

One thing I was shocked to note was that in the first couple of months, GreenHybrid was already rated much higher than InsightCentral as far as site popularity by Alexa. GreenHybrid is currently ranked about 400,000 http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=greenhybrid.com while IC is 470,000. Imagine that!

Old 03-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Enthusiast

I like the speed that it says the site has

As far as the site goes...chatrooms are only good if you get bigger IMO. You want the community to develop first.

A chatroom with MIRC later down the line to have like once a month or weekly chatrooms would be cool. Get a more automated frontpage...like an RSS news feed going.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Site Founder

Chris,

There actually is an RSS feed.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/rss/discuss.php

Old 03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Contributor ($)

As mentioned in another thread I think content is important for the site.
I am working on my own written review of the Insight for all to read. Given my habit to post before fully spell-checking, I will definitely be sending the article for editing/review first.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Contributor ($)

Jason,
Whenever I enter the main page for GreenHybrid I always think that the colored boxes that run down the left hand side for Learn, Compare, Discuss, and Link should be clickable. Any chance you could add the appropriate hyperlink to them?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Site Founder

Someone once mentioned this to me before, but I'm not positive I understood them. You're suggesting that the entire table is clickable? This seems a bit foreign to me, for as a developer I know exactly how pages are scripted. However, to the average Internet surfer perhaps it seems like a "clickable" item. I may be able to use Javascript or such to make it a reality.

Quick Reply: Improving GreenHybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands