Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Limited Title space

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Limited Title space

I don't know where most people enter into GH, but for me it is /discuss.
I find more often than not, I cannot figure out what the thread is about from the truncated title displayed.

Different solutions involving either a change to layout or text size come to mind, but I do not know how much a programming headache is involved.

One idea:
Rather than the current
This is my thread about
by EricGo

have
This is my thread about
Title length. by EricGo

Alternatively, if a horizontal stretch of the window stretched the threads frame, that would work.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Limited Title space

What truncated thread names are you referring to? The only one I see that follows this format is the "last post" colum on the main Discuss page. Have you tried the "new/recent posts" links at the top of the page?

Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I use SAGE under Firefox and have no problems.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Like any database, there is a pre-determined limit to the number of characters in a field. The title field certainly has a limit to facilitate in displaying the title of a thread or reply in a specific given space as determined by how the system will display that text on the actual web page. I'm not generally a huge thread starter, however when I do start a thread I do try to keep my title short and specific. Difficult at best.