Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Problem Loading Forums

Old 05-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Problem Loading Forums

Today I had two instances where the forums would start to load, but then stop loading and lock up on me. I couldn't use any links and reloading the pages caused a blank page to load up with a done note. Each "outage" lasted about half an hour or so.

Both times, the loading bar had a long url that it was loading what looked like an ad url on it when it froze. Since it works sometimes as well, I'm wondering if there's an ad on the forums that's causing this? This has never happened until today AFAIK. Since the ads cycle, I'm wondering if that's what's causing the new occasional problems viewing the site. This could also be that some new ad is triggering the phishing filter or something like that.

I'm running the latest version of IE on Vista.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Problem Loading Forums

Interesting ... I had one case of a frozen 'update' but then I've been seeing that with PriusChat more than GreenHybrid. Heck, two days ago, Google was acting strange (must be that keystroke logger.)

What I'll do in the future is note the exact time and my time zone when it happens again. Internet Brands may find something in the logs if they know when.

Bob Wilson

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Old Boomer Techie

I saw it over the same time period (two or three days ago) on both my Vista and XP machines (IE on both). I thought it was just due to volumes because the "guest" counts were high on both occasions. I even commented on a post about it. I have not seen it over Thursday and today.

Like Bob, I will note times and URL's, including ad space if I see it again. I can also dump the IE cache related to it and send that.

Last edited by FastMover; 05-23-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Site Founder

If the problem persists, please let me know and I'll contact my technical contacts at Internet Brands.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Old Boomer Techie

It didn't come back. The loads have been very fast since Sunday night both at work and at home. Was anything found?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I experienced similar issues but it seems to have resolved. I thought it was just me but it too happened while at work and home. It didn't matter what time of the day though.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Site Founder

We had some server maintenance and backups performed. That may have been the problem

Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Engineering first

Yesterday, June 8, the banner ads disappeared but as I was posting a comment, they came back. Today, right now, I see no banner ads.

Is Internet Brands possibly using two servers? Maybe one has the banner ads and the other doesn't?

Oh well, it is happening right now ... no banner ads on my browser. Curious, I went to the Prius forum and there were "top banners" but no side banners. When I clicked on the "Display" button and did a reload, the top banners disappeared. Weird.

05:50 AM CDT June 9 - problem returned. No banner ads at the high level. However, they showed up when I started editing this note.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 06-09-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

GreenHybrid has always seemed like the most sluggish forum I have visited, and I wanted to assume it was the ads, because they were often the last to appear, but now I'm not so sure...

Using Safari 3 on a Mac, I have the developer functionality enabled. It has some killer analysis. The front index page of the discussion forums yielded 6 seconds to transmit the documents (web page, style sheets), while it takes just under 1 second for scripts (typically ads and google integration) and even less for images. There are also some syntax errors.

For this topic, I noticed that all the GreenHybrid database signatures are taking several seconds each to load (simultaneously, I presume). But one of the signatures really stands out for its 11 second load time, and that is for car 5474 (FastMover's Camry). Again, there are syntactical errors in the page, though the browser works around them.

Last edited by spinner; 06-14-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Hybrid Owner

It takes a good 60-90 seconds to load anything from the Green Hybrid forum. With a 6 mbps connection.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem Loading Forums

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands