Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

RMDB for Non-Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default RMDB for Non-Hybrids

Jason,
In the old days of the RMDB there was one bar graph that represented non-hybrids. I found that to be a useful feature. Today the non-hybrid data is relegated to an obscure link on the upper right of the compare page. The casual visitor would probably not even notice that GH has a non-hybrid DB and therefore wouldn't be inclined to enter data into it.

Now that the wife has confiscated my Silk Shorts, I have been hypermiling a non-hybrid. I guess I am more sensitive now to this now and would like to see the non-hybrid DB grow. It would also be nice if you could display the make, model and year next to the car name. That way you dont have to view each car separately to see what kind of car is associated with a particular MPG. It would also be nice if you could sort by model, that way you could compare data between identical models. And as long as I am building a wish list, why not have a separate bar graph for diesels. And how about more bars for Non-hybrid versions of the hybrids, civics, accords, highlanders etc. That would especially helpful to those trying to choose between the hybrid and non-hybrid versions of the same model.

I will check back tomorrow to see if you have made the changes yet. A wiz like you should need an hour, two tops.

Dan

Old 12-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: RMDB for Non-Hybrids

During Christmas break I will be making some updates to the site and will try to incorporate nonhybrids a bit better into the system. However, the main focus needs to be on hybrids. I will also not display a graph bar for nonhybrids because the value will mean absolutely nothing. There are many models and the types of cars hybrid enthusiasts buy isn't representative of consumers as a whole. The data wouldn't be correct.

While I wish I had the time to implement every change on demand (if I agreed with it, of course), that certainly isn't possible. I'm a full-time student!