Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Skyrocketting Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Site Founder
Default Skyrocketting Traffic

Since I made the URL modifications to GreenHybrid, traffic has been skyrocketting. I have since stopped advertising on Google AdWords (it didn't help much... just wasted funds), yet the month of March 2005 looks to double the traffic of January 2005. Thank you for all your support!

Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 PM

Thanks for such a good site Jason. Its one of my top 5 that I visit.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, thanks for a wonderful job on this site! What URL modifications did you do?

Old 03-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I do not see the bandwidth or hit stats but I do watch the membership numbers and I am sure you know what Greenhybrid is approaching and its climbing fast.

___I don’t know, maybe a contest? 1,000th new member receives a free Greenhybrid T-shirt. Unannounced of course

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

This is a really nice site and I have, so far, enjoyed all of the threads and the folks that post here. I'm glad it is so successful, both for you Jason, a real feather in your cap, and for the rest of us here.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Site Founder

Johan,
If you click on a category from the main Discuss page, you'll notice that the category name is the URL. Also, if you click on a topic from a category page, the topic name is the URL. This does wonders for the search engines.

I've done a similar thing to the Compare and Learn sections. Each page has its own unique URL. I can now look in the site logs and see that this is the most requested car page in the database or that the Accord is the most requested vehicle.

Wayne,
As soon as I fix a couple bugs on the site and revamp that red section, the next thing on the agenda is to have some sort of promotional event. We could have a little giveaway to the 1000th member, but to be honest most people don't stick around after they register. Many just come for the mileage database! I think the best use of funds would be in a different direction. We'll talk about it soon.

Last edited by Jason; 03-08-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Talking Kudos, Jason

Originally Posted by Jason
Many just come for the mileage database!
That's what you get, for having the best, most comprehensive data compilation around. <grin>

I have lost track how many times I have responded to ignorant FUD regarding hybrid MPG with a simple link and an invitation to see real world experience. Come to think of it, I may be responsible for some of the fleeting rubber-neckers.

Keep up the good work, Jason ! You have set up a tremendous site.

Last edited by EricGo; 03-11-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Site Founder

You're welcome. Trust me, there's much more in store for this site. Wait and see...