Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Users
Default Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

For the most part, it works, but there are a few things that aren't working right - for example, the 2nd-gen Honda Civic Hybrid category.

In order to fix these issues and make the software & database easy to maintain, it will be necessary to overhaul it. To be more specific, we will be rewriting it from scratch. We don't have developer resources to devote to this task at the moment, but it's in the queue and we expect to begin work within the next few months.

The data currently in the database will be imported when we do the switch, so we don't expect to lose any information. The application will work the same way (or mostly the same way) that it does now.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Lightbulb Re: Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

IMHO, a chance to remove some of the "noise" if resources permit.

Suggestion: Add a field for the last entry date, and remove all entries over 90 days or so without an update that have less than a meaningfull number of tanks (say 10 or so, at least). This will remove the fast-starters that don't stick with a program and leave first tank distortions, newbie claims, etc. in the data.

Perhaps change the screen print color for cars that are inactive. (Over the minimum tanks, but no update in the 90 day or so time period.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

I would suggested adding the Tahoe/Yukon 2-mode Hybrid to the database.

Tom
2004 Prius
2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Old 03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Enthused Driver

I notice that a number of people put down the brand of fuel they use in their notes. Seems this would be worthwhile to track, at least for the major national and regional brands.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast

Any news on fixing the HCH II Mileage Database? I would love to use and support the Green Hybrid website -- but cannot with this bug.

It's been a few months, any news?

Thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

Any updates on the timeline for the new database? I know has been in the works.

Just received the 10/28/08 newsletter with the cation "Almost 150 Million Miles Logged!
Start contributing today!"

Would like to but still no breakout or ability to capture many hybrids - in my case Mercury Mariner 2WD

Thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered Users

We've got a working prototype. I don't have an ETA for when we'll have the final version rolled out here, but it's being actively worked on. The make/model/trim/etc will be populated automatically from a central data source, so as soon as we know about a new model, it'll be available.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the update IBAdmin, though it doesn't sound like there has been any progress in the last 10 months on this issue.

Is this really going to be fixed? It doesn't sound like the company/team has an actual project plan or goal in place, despite prior messages stating so.

Very ironic that your marketing folks sent out the newsletter this week encouraging people to post mileage even though your IT team hasn't fixed it in almost a year!

Sorry to be so negative -- it's just been a long time and we're losing confidence in this website.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Yes, what's the deal with the update to the milage db? I appreciate improvements being made, but greenhybrid are about to dilute or destroy their greatest asset. A few days more without being able to log data and people will stop reporting.

Why does the db has to be closed for reporting while the improvements are being made? Couldn't the old version be available until the new one is ready to be launched?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Site Founder

I was unaware the database has not been accepting new data. How long has this been the case? I'll do my best to talk to IB about this.

Quick Reply: Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands