Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

Looks like you found your answer since you posted on the thread. Jason sold the site in January 2006. I was one of the original financial contributers to this site when Jason first started the site before he sold it, and have been here through all the drama that still continues to this day.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...rect-com-5629/

Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

I really liked the old site. It needed a few extra columns like Price per gallon and fillup date, but overall it was usable the new site is not the best. I understand there are problems with the old site, but the new one is unusable and I've lost tank entries after
February 09 fillup c'mon guys. I'm giving you a third chance and then I'm out of here.

I've recommended this site for hybrid enthusiasts for the forums AND the mileage
database and for the latest new/reviews. If this is how it's going to be then I won't be
doing that. I guess all good things come to an end.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

Is there any way to edit a tank in the new database? My tank from 5/29/08 is wrong. It was ok in the old database but this one mixed up my gallons and mileage. There is NO way I put over 500 gallons in my car (even with a stretched out bladder!) and I didn't get 8 mpg!
I'll never get my hypermiler star.

Prius Prime

Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
CarsDirect Staff

We are making a way to edit tanks

Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have stopped logging my tanks here. Looks like the only way to display the banner correctly in signatures would be to upate the old and new db's and you cannot edit tanks in the new one.

If you point your sig banner to your new car number (new db) the it never updates (shows 0 mpg I think).

-- Rick

Old 07-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Fix the Mileage Database now!

Originally Posted by rgx
Yes, what's the deal with the update to the milage db? I appreciate improvements being made, but greenhybrid are about to dilute or destroy their greatest asset. A few days more without being able to log data and people will stop reporting.

Why does the db has to be closed for reporting while the improvements are being made? Couldn't the old version be available until the new one is ready to be launched?
I have been inputting data using the old database. DB Admin: please make sure it'll get all data into the new one. A lot of cars stopped putting in any data for a few month, a year...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've ceased to make updates here since my last post. I use a combination of fuelly.com and an app I have on my iPhone (GasBuddy I think it's called). That said, I really really miss the original DB (that Jason set up here) and I found it preferable to many of these other options. I don't even come here much anymore since the DB is a non-starter. Sad, but true.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I noticed that the mileage in my signature has stopped changing from 30.8mpg. When I click on the sig it only displays tanks from April 2009 and earlier, but nothing for the last three months. But the recent data is diplayed when I dig into the database from the "Compare" link. Anyone know what's going on with this? Is there any way to get my lifetime mileage from this database?

Last edited by econoline; 08-07-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The DB definitely seems to be hobbling along. I'd like to put together an Android app for it if it's going to be maintained, but if it's been abandoned I'd like to move on to a different site - which is sad since all my existing data is here. Is the DB being actively maintained?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 AM
IB Staff

the DB is being maintained, and we have fixed it so that you are able to edit your entries now as well.

cheers,
robb

Quick Reply: Status of the GreenHybrid Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands