Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Suggestion to make it easier to locate topics

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Suggestion to make it easier to locate topics

I've been a member of GreenHybrid (and PriusChat) for a little over a year now.

While GreenHybrid is a good forum, one item I've noticed about is that it's difficult to locate and/or follow different topics. (Sure, the SEARCH function is there, but it presupposes that you know the exact item that you're looking for, AND that what you call something and the SEARCH engine calls it are the same.)

My recommendation is to insert topic forums into GreenHybrid. An example of how this would look is the way PriusChat has set up their forum. There, you could just slip over to the Mods section if you were interested in that, or Maintenance and Troubleshooting if you were picking up some codes on the ScanGuage II or had questions about oil changes, etc.

I believe that this change would help make a great forum even better.

Last edited by JHSmith; 09-05-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Typos and further explaining rationale
Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Suggestion to make it easier to locate topics

The problem with that is that while Priuschat only deals with one model, GreenHybrid attempts to conquer them all. By having several subcategories in addition to model categories, we're looking at a ton of forums with few topics in each.