Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Suggestion:variable license frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Suggestion:variable license frame

I was looking at the license plate frames in the online store. How about making one that allows the owner to change the MPG number? This would allow us to change the figure as our FE goes up or down, and allow for more accuracy in advertising. Right now, my average FE is almost exactly between 45 and 50 MPG, so the former frame would be too pessimistic and the latter would be somewhat deceptive (at least until I can get the FE that high ).

All that would be needed is the frame and 2 sets of digits 0-9 that could be interchanged in the appropriate space.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Default Re: Suggestion:variable license frame

I don't think the store could offer it because the store carries generic items from cafepress or something like that. So you can only make stuff from what they sell.

You cold maybe get one and sand down the number and go to the hardware store to pick up some sticky numbers and superglue them on and just snap them off when you have to make a change.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:24 AM
World's First Hybrid

Just get the "I get 100mpg, you?" frame. That's what I did just to aggrevate the H2 and the like crowd....

Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Site Founder

It's true that I'm only able to create products that are offered by the CafePress service. Unfortunately, they don't have anything that would work for something like this. The only thing you can do is buy both and switch them out!