Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Text mileage signature?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Engineering first
Question Text mileage signature?

Hi,

I also belong to groups that are more 'text' centric. Is is possible to get a text version of the mileage signature?

Simpler being better than complex, a plain text version would be perfect since it would adopt the current 'style' of the host web page.

Bob Wilson

Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Text mileage signature?

This would be technologically impossible because of security measures taken on this and other websites. Allowing dynamic content to be pulled from another website means malicious code can also be executed remotely. For this reason, the necessary coding languages are rarely enabled.

Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sure. In your sig, create a text link to your mileage database.

Such as: Click here to see my current MPG

Or, if your forums don't allow html, simply: Click link to see my current MPG: https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/.../car/1506.html

Old 11-20-2005, 12:53 PM

Hi All:

___See sig?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Site Founder

I believe he was referring to a way with an automatically-updating mileage figure.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Vegetarian

what about an avatar sized version for boards that don't allow images in sigs?

Old 11-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Site Founder

As far as I know avatars must be uploaded to the website's server so they cannot be remotely loaded from GreenHybrid.com

Old 11-20-2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
This would be technologically impossible because of security measures taken on this and other websites. Allowing dynamic content to be pulled from another website means malicious code can also be executed remotely. For this reason, the necessary coding languages are rarely enabled.
I have wondered about this question too.

When I click on my car from the list of Prius IIs, and see my lifetime MPG at the top of the page that lists all my tanks -- is that number being calculated on the fly ?

Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Site Founder

Yes, of course, Eric. But, you're on greenhybrid.com on a system that was designed specifically for this purpose. The forum software, vBulletin, prevents things such as this for security reasons. Other websites most definitely would prevent the execution of the necessary code because it would also be possible to execute malicious scripts.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
As far as I know avatars must be uploaded to the website's server so they cannot be remotely loaded from GreenHybrid.com
Some boards let you use a remote image as an avatar, some let you choose from pre-defined lists and others let you upload the image to the site. I have my board set to only allow remote avatars, so for some it may be useful.

Quick Reply: Text mileage signature?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands