Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Thread Rating Abuse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Thread Rating Abuse?

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

bar10dah,

Your ratings suggest you are not a fan of:
  • many of my threads
  • xcel
  • Hot Georgia
  • tigerhonaker
I hope this is the last I say in public, but the forum now has a good idea of the mysterious low ratings and likely will overcompensate those bad ratings. A few nasty marks would be meaninful, but when it got serial, the credibility vanished. Besides, it was no name, no explaination, no guts.

Now I'm hoping I can resist further comment....

Old 01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

At the request of a mod, I tried to keep this off-forum. But I need to comment on the replies here, since they keep showing up.

I don't hide the fact that I've rated threads low. In fact, when it was brought up, I said I've rated low. In fact, that was what I said in my first post in this thread. I didn't realize you were fishing for me at the time, though.

My ratings were not based on bias towards any individual. Merely on the relevance I found in the thread, for any given reason. "Balancing out" is a good idea. If one feels the merit to rate a thread highly, then cool. But to rate every thread a 5... where would be the separation? Or, how about if the RHMD only had the "good" tanks?

I don't dislike anyone on this forum. Not even you, Delta Flyer. Matter of fact, I enjoy most of the things you post. Especially the polls.

I don't have any hard feelings towards Xcel. I look forward to his comments on improving FE. They drive me to want to do better.

Hot Georgia, well... nothing he's posted stands out right now. But I don't have any ill will towards him either.

And Tigerhonaker, I believe he and I had a difference of opinion in a thread. But that was it. We let it go right away. Other than that, we've seen eye to eye on a lot of topics.

After talking to a mod about this, if this is the way you feel: I won't vote in any threads anymore. It's a small price to pay to keep the sanity around here.

EDIT: Once again, taken to PM. Delta Flyer and I WILL work out our differences, even if I have to put him on my Christmas card list... If anyone else wants to reply, please send me a PM. Until I get a ruling from the mods, I'm suspending my voting as to not cause any more misconceptions.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Site Founder

I have decided to increase the minimum number of votes required before a thread rating will display. This should calm everyone's concerns about one bad vote and ensure that only important threads have a rating.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Banned

Thank you Jason.

I think things can be worked out.

I don't believe in generous use of the thread rating due to it's limitations in communicating negative responses. If a thread is rated highly, it's clear most members approve of the content. If it's negative, there could be many reasons why. Without any other communication than a negative rating, it leads to all kinds of speculation. All I had to go on was a pattern that appeared to go against hypermilers.

The only instance I'd give a thread a bad rating is if it was very disruptive. By that time, I'd probably posted and contacted the moderators anyway.