Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

used cars in database

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Vegetarian
Default used cars in database

i bought my car used, with about 10k miles on it. i'd like to add that information to my car. the trouble is i don't know what kind of mileage the previous owner got... though i have an idea... when i bought the car the one of the trip odometers had about 1k? on it and the mpg was about 35. i could just add 35mpg/10kmiles... but i don't want to bring down my average. is there a way i can change the number of miles i started with without giving the mpg? i'd like to show that the engine had already been broken in.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Default Re: used cars in database

Just put the starting miles but don't put in a starting mpg.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi IMAhybrid:

___You have the option to input the starting odometer miles when setting your hybrid up so just use that and start your own FE from day 1 of your ownership. Who knows and who cares what the last guy did …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-14-2005, 04:45 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I thought the same thing about my HCH. I wanted to keep the correct miles but start "fresh" since I from when I started becoming a bit more fanatical than I originally was about mileage.

That's why my mileage reads 45.6, that's what my "lifetime, 38,000 miles" Trip A reads.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Just put the starting miles but don't put in a starting mpg.
i can just leave the mpg blank? well that works, i didn't think i'd be able to just not put anything. thanks!

Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 AM
Site Founder

Does it really work? I don't think it should. The system wasn't made to be able to handle that. Doesn't it assume your MPG was 0 for that distance?

Old 11-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Vegetarian

well i haven't tried it yet, i'll let you know when i do. that's what i was thinking. if it doesn't work, is there a way i could get around it?

Old 11-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Vegetarian

ok i tried just putting in nothing for the mpg and it wouldn't let me do that but then i tried putting 0 and it seems to have worked how i wanted it to. yay!

Old 11-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Site Founder

kt,

Putting in 0 should make your mileage plummet. It'll assume you burned a ridiculous amount of gas for however many miles you started with.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Vegetarian

yeah that's what i thought too, but i figured i'd try it anyway... and my average still shows as 48.6