Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Where do the articles on GreenHybrid.com come from? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/where-do-articles-greenhybrid-com-come-16048/)

Shehaam 11-20-2007 01:39 PM

Where do the articles on GreenHybrid.com come from?

Are all the articles submitted by consumers or does GreenHybrid have an editorial team? If there is an editorial team, do they help write the content or simply manage the user generated content. I am wondering if the stuff on here is quotable for a school project?

bwilson4web 11-20-2007 05:38 PM

Re: Where do the articles on GreenHybrid.com come from?

Originally Posted by Shehaam (Post 150701)
Are all the articles submitted by consumers or does GreenHybrid have an editorial team? If there is an editorial team, do they help write the content or simply manage the user generated content. I am wondering if the stuff on here is quotable for a school project?

We're all individuals here. The GreenHybrid staff includes a team of moderators (in whom we live in fear) that police the site and get rid of SPAM and network abusers. However, all of the content comes from individuals.

You need to check with your instructors to understand the criteria they want used for citations. Since we're all individuals, I suspect you'll need the authors to provide backup material to make sure anything an individual states has some merit. This is not an impossible task but it more involved than referencing a published book, magazine or peer reviewed paper.

For example, you'd probably need someone you want to cite to supply age, experience with a particular hybrid, relevant background and some supporting data. If you are quoting individuals, you may need contact information for any follow-up.

BTW, be skeptical of any source, book, magazine or even peer reviewed paper. Sometimes total baloney is wrapped up in the guise of a formal paper or study but when you scratch the surface, you soon find it is hollow. Steven Colbert calls it "truthiness," the illusion of facts and data fronting for a complete sham.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

GeekGal 11-21-2007 12:29 PM

Re: Where do the articles on GreenHybrid.com come from?

As for the news articles link off the home page, they always have attribution (usually in the form of a link) back to a source (perhaps not the original source, such as in the case of research papers published and subsequently quoted in the media, but one to send you in the right direction.)