Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Where is the Saturn Vue Greenline?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Where is the Saturn Vue Greenline?

I applaud this database on this website which is getting real world data on the milage produced by these hybrid cars. I purchased a Saturn Vue Greenline Hybrid recently I know the technology on this vehicle is not as advanced as the Toyota system as there is no electric-only drive system and the car has a smaller battery. However, I am tracking the milage I am getting and right now after 221 miles I have used 9.0 gallons of gas. My car is getting 24.5 miles per gallon. That appears to be in the range of the Hylander and Lexus suv's. I think the best way to see what the different systems do is to compare them with real data as you are doing.

Please add this as an option for your database so we can track the performance of this GM offering.
Jon Utech

Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Where is the Saturn Vue Greenline?

There's currently some development going on behind the scenes that need to be completed before new cars can be added to the database. This includes the Vue and the Lexus GS. Please add this car as a non-hybrid and as soon as we get the database updated, we'll convert it to the hybrid version. Thanks!

Old 11-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default So how can we add a Saturn VUE Hybrid?

I'm recording mileage as a non-hybrid right now as there's no pull down. Would like to get this into the hybrid list so others can add their details as well as easily compare what the mild hybrid/cheap drive option vs. others does.

I think for us it's not just about MPG - it's more power for less liters - with improved MPG. A different goal slightly.

Thanks

Old 11-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: So how can we add a Saturn VUE Hybrid?

Originally Posted by BadGL
I'm recording mileage as a non-hybrid right now as there's no pull down. Would like to get this into the hybrid list so others can add their details as well as easily compare what the mild hybrid/cheap drive option vs. others does.

I think for us it's not just about MPG - it's more power for less liters - with improved MPG. A different goal slightly.
Historically it is done by posting a request in "Website Questions & Input" and takes a little time. You might contact one of the moderators and ask that this thread move there.

Bob Wilson

Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Merged and Moved.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Engineering first

Just curious: will the GM 'hybrids' be coming online to the database soon?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Old 11-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by BadGL

Thanks
Apparently the link to cars in members' profiles got lost in the upgrade. Could you please link me to your car in the database? I'll transfer it to the hybrid section.

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Just curious: will the GM 'hybrids' be coming online to the database soon?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson
Which hybrids in particular? We typically don't add cars until there's demand. Also note that for the newest cars, you can add data but they aren't displayed on the main page.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Saturn Vue Cleveland
Please add this as an option for your database so we can track the performance of this GM offering.
Jon Utech
The Saturn Vue Green Line is currently an option in the database.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Engineering first
Question Re: Where is the Saturn Vue Greenline?

Originally Posted by Jason
. . .
Which hybrids in particular? We typically don't add cars until there's demand. Also note that for the newest cars, you can add data but they aren't displayed on the main page.
I was thinking of the Saturn VUE since there has been some activity. When I noticed the Silverado forum, I was thinking there would be a one-for-one relationship.

I'm not a great fan of hybrid-lite systems and at one time was thinking of asking if these should be treated as real hybrids. Then I realized that the best answer is to 'perform the experiment' and get real data for these vehicles out in a public forum where they can be compared and contrasted to what our current hybrids do.

The Dept. of Energy has mileage data from their fleet performance that would make excellent entries for the missing vehicle databases. For example, they have life-time Silverado performance data that I would have no problem with putting in the database (with attribution.)

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...v_reports.html

In fact, let me ask if it would be OK to be the sponsor of the FreedomCar performance data? I could try to find a civil servant and ask them to put an entry in our database for their vehicles but this might take some time. It would be easier if I just 'created' the vehicle records, citing the source, and posted them as:

Dept_Energy_<model> -- result from the above web site

Bob Wilson

Old 11-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Site Founder

Honestly I'm not sure that's the best idea. It's certainly thoughtful, but I'm afraid we may somehow skew the data by changing how it's inputted. All the data we have here has been provided by each individual member for his individual car through everyday use. By transferring data from another source, we risk mixing in figures that may or may not have extra variables thrown in. For instance, perhaps these fleet cars are treated differently or their figures are recorded differently? They would then not be suitable for comparison here.

Quick Reply: Where is the Saturn Vue Greenline?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands