Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   why do the threads read backwards? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/why-do-threads-read-backwards-8119/)

petesell 06-22-2006 06:57 AM

why do the threads read backwards?

anyone else find this annoying? when you click on a thread you're taken to the last response and have to work your way back to the subject post. seems *** backwards to me. am i missing something?:confused:

GeekGal 06-22-2006 07:05 AM

Re: why do the threads read backwards?

It's the default way this discussion forum is configured. It took me awhile to get used to, also, but you can change it if it's frustrating.

Go to your User Control Panel ("User CP" in the navigation bar), then click on the "Edit Options" link (or just click here -- should work if you are logged in), then scroll down until you get to the "Thread Display Options" section and change it from "Linear - Newest First" to "Linear - Oldest First".

Voila! :)

petesell 06-22-2006 07:31 AM

thanks geek gal, it worked. you're such a geek!!!;)

GeekGal 06-22-2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by petesell
thanks geek gal, it worked. you're such a geek!!!;)

lol, I know, I know. ;) It's good to feel useful. {grin}

Enjoy!

tomdavie 06-22-2006 08:38 AM

Wow.

Good suggestion Geek Gal. I stand corrected.

I also noticed that you can choose to allow up to 40 posts per page instead of the default. This way you dont have to keep clicking on pages if the post has less than 40 replies. It will all appear on one page!!!

:D

Jason 06-22-2006 03:40 PM

Is it really backwards by default? I'll need to check that. My view is oldest post first in the thread view. It should be newest first in the *category* view only...

tomdavie 06-22-2006 04:14 PM

jason
my default was just like the others, newest first. So i switched it , and put the most possible posts per page. Works great now!!!

toast64 06-22-2006 05:47 PM

Jason,
Yes, mine also defaults to newest first. But interestingly, if you are not logged in, and thus are treated as a guest, you get them displayed as oldest first. This may be the default you're refering to?

tdub1974 06-23-2006 01:32 AM

geekgal,

Thank you so much. This was driving me crazy!

toast64 06-23-2006 02:44 PM

Okay, GeekGal, what other secrets are you harboring? Come on, Spill It!:)