Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Why is the Insight not on the database on homepage?

Old 07-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Why is the Insight not on the database on homepage?

Of all the cars to exclude, why the Insight? It's like the grandfather hybrid in our country. Oh, and is there a way to differentiate on the database manual vs cvt insight, because the mileage for those two models are drastically different. I have a CVT and feel bad bringing down the mileage of the manual drivers who get 10-25 mpg more than my avg.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Why is the Insight not on the database on homepage?

It actually wasn't me who decided which cars would appear on the homepage but... for a practical reason, the Insight is being discontinued therefore will no longer be for sale by dealers. Also, the very small number of Insights on the road indicates how few Insight shoppers there are right now (they sell what, now, 120 in a year?)

Last edited by Jason; 07-08-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Engineering first

Having calmed down a bit, I see the existing groups are in the database. I noticed not all current models, a notable exception the Lexus, are not listed.

Originally Posted by Jason
It actually wasn't me who decided which cars would appear on the homepage but... for a practical reason, the Insight is being discontinued therefore will no longer be for sale by dealers. Also, the very small number of Insights on the road indicates how few Insight shoppers there are right now (they sell what, now, 120 in a year?)
Home page is not so bad. However, the statement under the diagram might indicate current and past models:

"This chart shows average MPG logged by GreenHybrid users. See all models."

Should be:

"This chart shows average MPG logged by current model GreenHybrid users. See all models.

or

"This chart shows average MPG logged by GreenHybrid users. See current and past models.

I remain always concerned that an unannounced change might put all discontinued models, like my NHW11 Prius I and HCH models, at risk. Losing the Prius I group would be 'bad' but losing my database entries would be terrible . . . especially if it is 'unannounced.'

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 07-08-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

There have been about 13,000 Insights sold total and about 560 last year and this year.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Site Founder

Meredith, thanks for the figures.

Bob, I assure you we will not be removing any data from the system. I'll see about adding the Camry on the homepage and perhaps updating the language.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

While on the subject of the homepage, here's another small error.

The Highlander 2wd is listed on the homepage with the number of 25mpg but when you view the actual database it shows 26mpg. The Highlander 4wd shows 25 mpg.

Would it be possible to change the scale on the horizontal axis of the histogram? When viewing an individual car model the numbers are jumbled together and really hard to read.

Last edited by chucko; 08-08-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Site Founder

Chucko, I'll look into that error, thanks.

As far as the histogram, there really isn't anything that can be done. It has to maintain teh same scale for all cars (and the Insight goes real high) and there just isn't enough horizontal room.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

It has to maintain teh same scale for all cars (and the Insight goes real high) and there just isn't enough horizontal room.

Gonna take that as a compiment

Old 08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Enthusiast

As far as the histogram, there really isn't anything that can be done. It has to maintain teh same scale for all cars (and the Insight goes real high) and there just isn't enough horizontal room.
I thought about that before I posted.

Even taking into account the Insight, it still looks like you could modify the horizontal scale to stop at 100 instead of the current 130 or so.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Site Founder

Hmm maybe that is true. I'll see…