Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Wiki vs. Sticky vs. FAQ vs. Skeptics

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Engineering first
Question Wiki vs. Sticky vs. FAQ vs. Skeptics

Hi,

I'm looking for a consensus of how to address these goals:

1) Prius FAQ - I continue to maintain a 'sticky' but now we have a GreenHybrid.com Wiki and of course, there is the 'big Wiki.' The 'sticky' is at risk because: (1) one editor, and (2) open thread is subject to troll abuse.

2) Skeptics - no sooner do we address one set, the original skeptics, when up pops a "CNW Marketing" or the current "Canadian Mine" article. Every time a new skeptic shows up, the various discussion groups pretty well beat it down, independently. Attempts to start a skeptics answer thread in GreenHybrid.com have met the same success in other forums (initial effort that disappears when the next 'whack a mole' skeptic shows up.)

So I'm trying to figure out, what makes most sense for:
  1. Prius FAQ - GH Wiki? Big Wiki? Continue current practice?
  2. Hybrid Skeptics - GH Wiki? Big Wiki?
For the Prius FAQ, I'm leaning towards GH Wiki with references to it from Big Wiki and replacing the current 'Sticky' with a reference. This assumes the trolls are too lazy to corrupt the Wiki with SPAM or ****. Best of all, it makes the FAQ our community effort so the editing can be shared.

Yes, I've seen the GW Wiki entry but it combines history with owner - operator information found in the FAQ. I believe the FAQ readership needs to be aimed at those using the Prius who may not have any interest in various options and models. I really see these as friendly but different goals and audiences.

For the hybrid skeptics, I'm leaning towards a new entry in "Big Wiki" with references from the device specific Wiki pages. The reason is this subject transcends the charters of all hybrid groups. If we make it GH specific, we run the risk of alienating those who may have 'issues' whereas "Big Wiki" is not tied to any one or groups of posters.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson