06 HH Touchscreen Repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation 06 HH Touchscreen Repair

I have a 2006 HH Limited with the touchscreen nav/audio/climate system control. The touchscreen will not work consistantly now. So much so that my wife has now cracked the glass. Toyota acts very confused about how to get it repaired. Is there an aftermarket repair/replacement/exchange source or two? Thanks for reading.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 HH Touchscreen Repair

Re: 08 HH Display sreen repair needed. I would also like some guidance in replacing my display screen (shows temp., time, ect). Can't stomache the $2500 cost my dealer quoted to replace it, so am looking for help.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Cracked the glass? How? I think it's 'touch' sensitive rather than "whack" sensitive. Or did it crack due to cold weather or something?

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-30-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Not cold weather related. It was an in air missle of some children in the backseat which did in my screen. Can't get a screen only replacement. Had to buy computer and screen from Toyota dealer for $1800. I seperated the screen and then swapped it out. If any one needs the computer portion of this. I have it Toyota direct.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Expensive air missile. Put the damaged screen and the computer on eBay with a description of what you needed to do to end up with those parts. You may be surprised to get $500 to $800 back from those pieces.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Enthusiast

Good afternoon Denver,

Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

Good afternoon Denver I have a 2006 Toy HH also and my touch screen has gone bad also. When we purchased the car we also purchased additional coverage [ Platnum Policy ] extending my 3/36 to 7/ 100. No damange was ever done to the unit but, Insh adjuster is flat out dening our claim. Have you come across other touch screens being defective. Thanks

Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

I had an issue with my screen going "haywire" a few years ago and basically not being functional. The dealership wanted to replace it for over $2000. One of the servicemen took a look at it to see if there was a loose connection. He pulled off the dash panel, gently pulled the screen forward slightly, and it worked. It's been working fine since then! All we can figure out is that my husband has a "heavy" hand when he touches the screen. The extra pressure pushed the screen into a position that was either pinching or loosening a connection.
Needless to say, my husband has learned not to press hard on the touch screen!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

The touchscreens are made from glass and a very thin sheet of plastic on the front separated by an extremely small air space in between. If anything touches the screen around the edge of the unit (such as bezel interference) or if debris (food, dirt, etc) gets between the bezel and the screen it can cause false "touches" making your screen unresponsive to your input. The fix is to basically take the radio apart, clean the screen and see if that was the issue. If not, you'll need a new touchscreen. You can retrofit touchscreens found on ebay to the head units but I suggest you be very good with electronics to even attempt it.

Another option would be to replace your system with something like one from Rosen or a similar aftermarket manufacturer.